Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Tropy Ridge Fixed Sight versus Pendulum Sight >

Tropy Ridge Fixed Sight versus Pendulum Sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tropy Ridge Fixed Sight versus Pendulum Sight

Old 08-02-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Tropy Ridge Fixed Sight versus Pendulum Sight

I was looking at purchasing a Tropy Ridge matrix, micro matrix, or pendulum sight. I have always used a fixed pin sight and like the idea of a vertical pin with the matrix and micro matrix. But I also have a tendency to misjudge distance and thought a pendulum sight may come in handy. If I were to get a fixed pin sight would it be better to get the matrix with 0.29 pins or the micro matrix with 0.19 pins? It would appear to me that the pendulum sight has the advantage of being a range finder but is a disadvantage if you ever wanted to shoot at distances greater than 30 to 40 yards. Has anyone had any problems with the Tropy Ridge sights? Any advice would be appreciated. I assume it is all personal preference.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tropy Ridge Fixed Sight versus Pendulum Sight

I don`t` know that much about the matrix sights but i have shot pedulum sights for yrs. And i think that in the case your talking about it may be the anwser to your problem when it comes to miss judging anywhere form 0-30 or so yrds. form a tree! As for shooting anyfurther i would look at sights that have extra pins that you can set for ground shooting or set for what ever you need. A lot of hunters shoot fast enuff that it is not a problem for them. that is not all true for every one. But there are hunters here that do shoot the matrix sight. Maby they can give you more info on it? good luck.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own and use about every Trophy Ridge sight that you could name and my favorite for a no bs hunting sight is the .029" 3-pin Matrix. Bright pins that are much easier to see in lowlight and just a super hunting set-up. I've been in love with 'em since they introduced the Vertical pin concept a few years ago and don't plan on ever going back to the old style horizontal pin "clutter". You'll love the Matrix, check one out.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:32 PM

I have used the Matrix sights since they came out and have found them to be very reliable. This year I bought one of the new Trouphy Ridge Mantis sights. I realy like it. The sight can be used as a pendulum or fixed sight. I have mine sighted up to 70 yards for the outdoor courses. I have a tree stand set up in my backyard and with the sight at the 20 yard mark I can move my Block target to right underneath my stand or out to 30 yards and the arrows hit spot on.
Good Luck,

Bmott
Old 08-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Micro Matrix, and I love it. I started with the Nitro Extreme then found a good deal on the Matrix. I like the .19 pins, I haven't had any problems in low light situations with the smaller pin. Trophy Ridge makes a good product.