Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Sight alignment..arrow, peep, rest, sight pins... >

Sight alignment..arrow, peep, rest, sight pins...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight alignment..arrow, peep, rest, sight pins...

Old 08-31-2003, 02:59 PM

Default Sight alignment..arrow, peep, rest, sight pins...

In the past with all my two cam/eccentric bows the arrow, rest and sight pins line up when I hold the bow out at arms length with an arrow nocked and sitting on the rest.

With my new single cam bow the sight pins are very much to the left of the arrow tip when held out the same way. However, after following the complete Easton tuning guide right through to broadhead tuning I can say the bow is shooting EXTREMELY well. Broadheads and fieldpoints are flying right to the same spot like hey are supposed to. The sight alignment is what annoys me.

Shooting a Winn C-12 release off the string, Tru-Glo sight, Whisker Biscuit rest.

Any suggestions, or is this just the way some bows shoot?
Old 08-31-2003, 07:27 PM

Default RE: Sight alignment..arrow, peep, rest, sight pins...

I don' t have much experiance with wisker biscuit rests....but IF it IS shooting that good, why ask why?
Old 09-01-2003, 01:16 AM

It' s torque. I did the old mirror trick aiming the bow at myself in the mirror. It appears that it' s caused from just a tad bit long of draw length. Richard Newberry is sending me the next smaller module to try out. I' m also slapping my arm just a touch, which also indicates the too long thing. I had the same problem with my previous bow when I tried to add a string loop and increased my draw length too much.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:41 AM

iam using the same setup just hoyt bow hoyt sights but a wisker biscuit and realse to the string my sights are just about a 1/4 to 3/8inch to the left of the string. it shoots through paper at 3 yards to 8 yards fine that as far as i shoot through paper and getting perfect bullet hole and broadheads fly great.. i think its okay!!!!!!!! please write if this is not okay
Old 09-26-2003, 11:36 PM

One month later with a new string, correct draw length module and properly spined arrows and things are totally different. The site line up right down the middle of the arrow just like I figured they should.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:37 PM

Also, I am shooting a string D loop. That made a BIG difference.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:45 PM

i also have the same problem one day i shoot it lines up but the next day and from then on it is to the left . i shoot wb and d loop i shoot that way i learned to ancor the same spot . it may not line up but i think i shoot very well .