Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stealing Treestands?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:28 PM

Default Stealing Treestands?

Ok im just taking a poll because i'm fed up with it now. I just want a vote on how many people have had a treestand stolen and if they think they know who stole it, what age were they? Here are the age groups...(16-19) (20-25) (26-30) (31-40)(41-50) or (50 and up).I will post my vote and what age class i thinkthe people were.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stealing Treestands?

Knock on wood...never for myself. But I must know ofat least30 people who got jacked already.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

iv had 2 stolen...sucks when you go hunt hunt the stand and its not even there...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm lucky so far. Maybe mine are hidden to well.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:47 PM

I haven't been so lucky. I had one stolen up my camp the weekend before last archery season. I figured i wouldn't let it happen again so i chained one in the woods behind my house. I even took ALL of my climbing sticks down, and this time, they didn't steal my stand, but instead they cut my strap and then put wheel bearing grease all over it! I probably would have rather seen them take it, because its like 6:00 in the morning and you wake up to a handfull of grease! Never did anything to them but i had a guy that told me who they were and he said they were in there twenties... I'll be looking for them next year though.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

man bwhunter501 ur a dick
Old 09-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Had a stand all set up a few years back for archery .
Got permissinon from the land owner and set it up abought a week before season started .
Pulled in on the edge of the road opening day to find a youg male in his early 20,s comming out of the woods with MY STAND on his back .
I walked over to him and said what the hell are you doing ????
He was the land owners son and claimed he had found it out of the blue while hiking ??
LOL....This guy still lived with his parents and he said he new nothing abought me having permission to hunt .What a little weazlle.
I,m just lucky I went when I did , if I woundnt have gotten off work early I would have never caught him.
ANYONE WHO STEALS A HUNTERS TREE STAND ,CAMERA , DECOY or anyhting of the soarts is more than just a THIEF,
They are not a true member of our hunting tradition .
Not only do they steal our stands they Steal our oportunity to Hunt ...
If I every see someone stealing mine on my now owned property they will be prosicuted to the MAX ..
Hope they also go to our local County Jail , I ,ll keep the lite on ..LOL.........................
Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

afrdnckhntr
WHATS THE DEAL ??????????????
Old 09-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: NYak

Ok im just taking a poll because i'm fed up with it now. I just want a vote on how many people have had a treestand stolen and if they think they know who stole it, what age were they? Here are the age groups...(16-19) (20-25) (26-30) (31-40)(41-50) or (50 and up).I will post my vote and what age class i thinkthe people were.
I had a ladder stand stole.
I think I know who got it.
But I couldn't prove it.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:49 PM

Checkout the new climbing stick on this website. http://www.eioutdoors.com

Quick Reply: Stealing Treestands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.