Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many deer have you killed? >

How many deer have you killed?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many deer have you killed?

Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 PM

Default RE: How many deer have you killed?

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

This is a question I really don't care answer especially if I think people are keeping score. How many have I killed, or many could I have killed? Some people have better places to hunt than others, others have more deer in the area, others have more time to hunt, some people can legally kill more deer than others, you name it the list can go on and on.

I manage to kill a deer every season I hunt, I don't hunt every year. I usually kill one deer a year, be it with a bow or gun. I don't have a lot of opportunities to hunt or a lot of land I can hunt so my resources are pretty limited. I normally only hunt one stand, if I'm lucky I can get two up. And I will be honest I don't hunt as hard as most either. I have a pretty physical job that requires me to get up very early in the morning (3 am) and I have a family. So sometimes hunting is more hassle that it's worth to me. I will be honest and say I'm not as hardcore as some of you are when it comes to hunting. I do it because it is something I enjoy, when it starts to take so much effort that it's not enjoyable anymore or puts a strain on my home life I don't see the point behind it. I'm not doing it because I'm out to prove anything to anyone.

Let's just say I've killed a lot less deer than I could have if I really put my mind to it. But on the other hand I have never bought a tag that I didn't fill. All depends on how you want to measure success I guess.

Paul
i agree w/ the "some ppl have better places to hunt then other" i garentee you boys w/ the over 100 plus mark wouldnt even come close if you tried hunting in maine
x3 for SC.
x4 for OK
Old 06-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

This is a question I really don't care answer especially if I think people are keeping score. How many have I killed, or many could I have killed? Some people have better places to hunt than others, others have more deer in the area, others have more time to hunt, some people can legally kill more deer than others, you name it the list can go on and on.

I manage to kill a deer every season I hunt, I don't hunt every year. I usually kill one deer a year, be it with a bow or gun. I don't have a lot of opportunities to hunt or a lot of land I can hunt so my resources are pretty limited. I normally only hunt one stand, if I'm lucky I can get two up. And I will be honest I don't hunt as hard as most either. I have a pretty physical job that requires me to get up very early in the morning (3 am) and I have a family. So sometimes hunting is more hassle that it's worth to me. I will be honest and say I'm not as hardcore as some of you are when it comes to hunting. I do it because it is something I enjoy, when it starts to take so much effort that it's not enjoyable anymore or puts a strain on my home life I don't see the point behind it. I'm not doing it because I'm out to prove anything to anyone.

Let's just say I've killed a lot less deer than I could have if I really put my mind to it. But on the other hand I have never bought a tag that I didn't fill. All depends on how you want to measure success I guess.

Paul
i agree w/ the "some ppl have better places to hunt then other" i garentee you boys w/ the over 100 plus mark wouldnt even come close if you tried hunting in maine
x3 for SC.
x4 for OK
X5 MI.I've never had one scored.The number is just a number,it doesn't tell anything about the hunt or the deer.IMO
Old 06-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

some one mentioned 65-70 or so deer per square mile!!!!!!???????? thats insane. we have about 7 deer per square mile but they are biggins. we dont really judge deer in the northeast by the rack but by the weight. the bench mark is anything over 200 pounds and ill tell ya, its tough boogerin to get one
Old 06-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow: 2 bucks and 9 does the biggest buck being 127"
Gun: 4 bucks and 16 does the biggest buck being 149" and some change
Old 06-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed five deer.

1 buck & 1 doe with a .270 rifle.

2 bucks with a muzzleloader.

1 doe with a bow.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lost count a long time ago...well never kept count...maybe around 20 or less. less than half bucks, maybe more like 1/3.

nothing like some of you. I like the meat and only shoot what I can eat. I don't need more than 1 a year mostly.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

This year will be my 24 year and I have killed 20 bucks and about 30 something does.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never really kept a exact count, somewhere around 5-6 bucks a year with 1-2 does a year for 8-9 years of deer hunting. Our deer population is very high and we need to harvestALOT more does this year. Friday night i wentand ran mypuppies andlost count of the deer we saw at over 70 intwo hours.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bryant1

I never really kept a exact count, somewhere around 5-6 bucks a year with 1-2 does a year for 8-9 years of deer hunting. Our deer population is very high and we need to harvestALOT more does this year. Friday night i wentand ran mypuppies andlost count of the deer we saw at over 70 intwo hours.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

I've taken alot of deer, but not enough. The largest buck was not large enough. But thats what keeps me wound up during the weeks leading up to hunting season. I don't know which matters the most Quality or Quantity, or if the shear joy of hunting is more valuable than both combined.

Quick Reply: How many deer have you killed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.