Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many deer have you killed?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many deer have you killed?

well unlike SOME I am not THAT choosie ...thus why I am called "DOCTOR DEATH" ...I have stacked'em up like cord wood ....most likely over 200 but Ive never really counted....with no bag limitsin Alabama I normally took10 to 12 per year and have hunted for over 25 years ..

dd
Old 06-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many deer have you killed?

Hard to say for I've never really kept count. On the farm 35 years ago there was no season. Beef was money and deer were meat. We would harvest a deer when we needed the meat (usually a doe). For the last 15 or so years have stuck to meat in the freezer for my family. Usually 3 will do us for the year but as my boys are growing (17 and 13 this year), we will definitely need 4 next season. We can party hunt up here so I've filled many a friend's tag over the years. Up here our deer are somewhat bigger than down south. Mature does are easily 130 lbs. or so and a 250 lb. buck is pretty average (undressed wt.). We do have our monsters up here though. Our game and fish associations not only acknowledge big racks but big deer (dressed wt.) My largest buck was 264 lbs. dressed (that year I came in third). As to racks, the one I like the most scored 148 3/8 (with less than 3 in, in deductions)