Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Feeder Question

Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Feeder Question

I have hogs on my hunting property and wanted to know if someone sells a feeder thats high enough for the deer to eat, but too high for the hogs?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Feeder Question

I am not sure what type of feeder you are talking about but we have the same problem on our ranch and have found that if you will put hog panels around your feeder to make a pen out of it the hogs will leave it alone as long as the pen is big enough that it does not throw feed outside the pen. I personally have one like that and the other two I built where the feeder will throw some feed outside the pen to keep them coming as I still love to stick an arrow in a pig from time to time. The panels around my house are like 16-18 dollars for a 16'X3" hog panel, hope this helps.