Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Goin' Vegeterian

Old 01-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Goin' Vegeterian

sounds like a waste of time . I wouldn't go vegatarian
Old 01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

When you start crapping little pellets, you will know you have "become one with the deer."
Old 01-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow i have never heard of that! are you really that desperate do you not see any deer when you go or something?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: USNRETHunter

When you start crapping little pellets, you will know you have "become one with the deer."
thats good stuff
Old 01-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

i shave my head before season about two weeks before then once a week after the start
ORIGINAL: mauser06

make sure to shave your whole head and body completely bald as well...dont laugh...theres guys that do it. hair holds scent...

to each their own....not my cup of coffee....scent control and hunting the wind is enough for me...
Old 01-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think he means before season then after he eats meat until season gets close
ORIGINAL: DUMB BASS

Vegetarian Hunter is an oxymoron... I shoot em so I can eat em.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

i wouldn't put a guy down for trying something new. i believe this guy is ahead of the game. some of us go all the way when it comes to hunting, leaving behind 90 percent of hunters who won't walk more than a half mile from their truck. with todays technology in sent lock clothing you can block enough odor to allow you to go all the way and get virtually sent free. when big bucks will turn totally nocternal at the first sign of human odor, there are a few hunters out there who will go the extra step to fool that buck.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

It's pure science... By the way I am a scientist... Well a geologist anyway

A search of the internet will provide some insight... Here is a site I found quickly. Basically it comes down to toxins in toxins out (in body excretions).

http://www.newstarget.com/004417.html
Old 01-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JimPic

I'll just hunt the wind.I'll give you a perfect example.After 3 days at my cabin(very primitive with no utilities)with only taking "bird baths",I was walking to my stand within the morning with the wind in my face,when a 5pt walked right up to me.He was so close,I tapped him between the antlers with my arrow.I shot him at at 10ft
Yeah... That's great... But I am not looking to hunt 5-pointers... I had one come up to me when I was throwing corn out, it would have eaten right out of my hand if I had offered it to him..

I am more after 6.5+ year old 11-pointers!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

I eat Taco Bell with fire sauce everyday for a month even while im in the stand it has produced over 60 booners just remember to get the vegetarian tacos!

Quick Reply: Goin' Vegeterian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.