Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Goin' Vegeterian

Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Goin' Vegeterian

Does that really work? Even if it does I ain't givin up meat!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't give up meat for anything. I recommend eating lots of asparagus and then urinating next to your stand. I promise it will cover any other scents you have working!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

It would never work for me. Vegetables give me gas.
On a real serious note, vegetables do tend to produce more gas. You may want to try this well before the season starts in case this has more of an adverse effect than a positive one.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

this could be one of the funniest things i have ever heard of......go for it and let us know what happens!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

lol, i accually do that. i have noticed when i put garlic and onions in my food, i have a strong body odor for a week. I don't eat that much meat when i am real serious about getting a buck. I go to extremes when it comes to sent prevention and am a firm believer in sent lock clothing, i have stood on the ground just feet away up wind of bucks on many occasions that never cought my sent.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll just hunt the wind.I'll give you a perfect example.After 3 days at my cabin(very primitive with no utilities)with only taking "bird baths",I was walking to my stand within the morning with the wind in my face,when a 5pt walked right up to me.He was so close,I tapped him between the antlers with my arrow.I shot him at at 10ft
Old 01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

yes, "jimpic", playing the wind is the golden rule. deer don't always come from the same dirrection though. when that buck comes from that odd angle or the wind changes like it always does, i am still doing great.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vmartin

yes, "jimpic", playing the wind is the golden rule. deer don't always come from the same dirrection though. when that buck comes from that odd angle or the wind changes like it always does, i am still doing great.
And that's why it's called hunting.Over the years,I learned not to beat myself up over not getting a deer(most yearsI do put a tag on,too).I quit putting pressure on myself,I don't go to the extremes anymore and I have fantastic times in the woods.If a deer beats me at the game,another will come along
Old 01-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

You'd have better luck spraying yourself down with alfalfa tea. Don't obsess over it, it's just a hobby.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 PM

I think eating meat would be the least of my concerns when trying to be scent free. If you do this I belive you should go on a acorn,grass,corn and whatever else the deer eat in you area diet. Good Luck with that I belive that would drive me crazy in a day or two.

Quick Reply: Goin' Vegeterian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.