Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Trespassing on private property >

Trespassing on private property

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trespassing on private property

Old 12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trespassing on private property

You have to work with the land owner and carry out his wishes. You can't put up posted signs without his permission, and I wouldn't confront any trespassers without his guidance/permission. Any contact with trespassers should be kept cordial and polite - informing them that they have accidently strayed onto private land... unless the land owner tells you differently. You don't want to provoke an incident on your own accord -- any retaliation won't be against you, it will most likely be against the land, and thus the landowner.

So, step one, find out what the landowner wants you to do, and follow his rules. Offer to post the land for him if he wants, and only call law enforcement if he wants you to.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really need to check with the landowner and only do what he asks. Many people won't want to be bothered with the hassle. If it becomes a big deal even though you are right you may loose your spot. Just be careful about what you do. Hunting is a priveledge not a right on somebody elses land.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

WE have the same problem herewe hunt a old tree farm 2yrs ago a girl on horse back rode up on me in my stand she said sorry and left no prob next day 2 guy,s came in from the bush behind the farm to cut tree,s .They asked me what do u think your doing in here I told them and showed them the permission slip I had from the tree farm owner my name with the rest of the group and along with what we were hunting for and a description of our trucks and plate #,s.They turned around and left we found out they had been doing this for a couple of years they were charged with trespassing,theft they left a gd trail back to their farm.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing that works is having the State Police arrest them for trespassing. This must be done by the land owner. An eye witness can get info and testify if needed that said person was seen on the property. But the land owner needs to prosecute! But it only takes nailing one or two people before the word spreads and people get it!! Unfortunately people don't have any respect anymore and the only thing that works is nailing them when they are caught.[:@]