Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
People trespassing on property >

People trespassing on property

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

People trespassing on property

Old 12-22-2002, 08:41 PM

Default People trespassing on property

Im bowhunting my parents property for late season and started to put corn down to get them coming in. Well went out five days later and 50lbs of whole corn was gone, so i went out and got another bag (50lbs) and put it down on sat at 2pm and went out on sun at 6:30am and noticed it was all gone put a little was scatered all over. I found a bucket and looked inside the buket and found some corn inside. I think its the guy behind us steeling it. This is a urban area but my parents own 8 acers of woods. When i got down at 9;30am would you know there was a doe standing 20 yards away, so i know there coming in but i went them to keep coming back. I went to keep it baited, but cant if someone keeps taking my corn. Have any of you had a problem like this and if so what did you do or what would you do. This guy is a real you know what. When ever i hunt the afternoons it seems like hes knows and will mow the grass or clean out his stalls and dump it where the deer are crossing.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:16 PM

Default RE: People trespassing on property

have you tried talking to him man to man.
let him know that you know what is happing,and would like to work something out.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:21 PM

I talked to him about 3 years ago when i was out scouting and he told me in these words (If you shoot a deer and it comes on my property don't even think about coming to get). This shows how nice the guy is. I think he's taking it fot the deer won't come in. He's always dumping brush over cross trail going onto his property to keep the deer out. Thanks James
Old 12-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Scatter some clover seed over on his property to attract the deer to his side. He'll never know you did it since it looks natural. By this time next year I bet he comes running to have you shoot all the deer you want.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:30 AM

soonershooter might be on to something. i would also keep putting the corn out. try to get some that is off the cob and scatter it out he will not be able to get it all picked up. then throw the seed on his side while he is truspassing he will be pushing it in the ground for you.

Old 12-23-2002, 01:22 PM

Take another bag of corn out there, and leave a note for the guy, perhaps bury 3-4 inches on the corn. The sign should say:
'Thanks for coming in. Have you heard of Trail cameras? I will give the Sheriff your picture and he'll stop by to arrest you before the end of the week'.

He'll stop coming by...
Old 12-23-2002, 09:34 PM

That one is pretty good i might try that, putting a note in the corn,lol. I was thinking about getting a trail cam too catch him but there pretty pricey and i think he might break it if he finds it. lol
Thanks guys for the help. I will catch this guy one day and will call the police.
James
Old 12-24-2002, 04:25 AM

Heres my advice you can take it or leave it. I have had quite a bit of problems over the years with some certain individuals trespassing and stealing my stuff. I hung signs, called the police, and complained to the property owner that was allowing them access to his 15 acres where they would promptly cross over onto our two hundred acres. I did this on a yearly basis, and I found that I was begining to spend more time trying to keep them out than I was hunting. They were literally ruining my enjoyment of hunting! Have you ever had your favorite tree stand stolen during the peak of the rutt? It has happend to me three times This year I finally gave up. I decided I was going to just hunt and spend as much time in the woods as I could. I sat in one of my tree stands at the beginning of this years season and I said a little prayer. Now you might think this is corny, but it is the truth. I told God I give up. I can't stop these guys from stealing my stuff and trespassing. I asked God to please just let me enjoy hunting again, and let me stop worrying about things. Guess what? I have not had a single run in this entire season! Not a single stand has been stolen. Not a single person caught stalking through our woods. Even during the firearm season I never found any human tracks other than my own in our woods! It has been one of the best seasons for me that I can remember.
Make your presence in the wooods known, hang some signs, do what you can, but in the end don't let it ruin your hunting! Turn it over to God and let him take care of the rest so you can concentrate on enjoying yourself. Thats what I think anyway. Good luck!

The spirit of the woods is like an old good friend
Old 12-24-2002, 05:09 AM

HEY JAMESP59,

I AM QUITE SURE THAT YOU KNOW THIS GUY BETTER THAN ME. BUT ARE YOU SURE HE IS TAKING YOUR CORN?

I FEED CORN TO MY DEER AND I WILL GO THROUGH 50 #'S IN 5 DAYS NO PROBLEM. DO YOU FREE CHOICE THE CORN OR IS IT IN A FEEDER? IF YOU FREE CHOICE THE CORN YOU NOT ONLY HAVE DEER EATING IT BUT YOU WILL HAVE EVERY OTHER CRITTER IN THE WOODS ENJOYING IT. THATS THE PROBLEM WITH DUMPING IT ON THE GROUND AND NOT CONTROLLING IT. DO YOU SEE ANY OTHER BOOT TREADS THAN YOURS BY THE PILE? YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT, THE GUY IS STEALING YOUR CORN BUT I THINK THAT BEFORE I WOULD ACCUSE HIM I WOULD MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT FATTENING UP ALL OF GODS CREATURES.

HUNT ON HUNT HARD EAT WELL