Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Trespassing on private property >

Trespassing on private property

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trespassing on private property

Old 12-17-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Trespassing on private property

I'm new to this forum so i'd like to start off by saying hello to everyone!
Anyways so I have been hunting this year on some new land that me and my buddy have permission to hunt on...about 80 acres or so...this was my 3rd time goin out there and we wanted to go out a little deeper into the woods, mind you we are still on the property that we have permission. So we are setting up on land in the woods when I go to him because he looked puzzled and asked, what the problem was...he looked at me and said, "dude someone has been hunting out here besides us." I looked at him and said well does anyone else have permisson, he said no. So to make a long story short we haven't been seeing many of deer latly out there..do you think its because of the trespassers?? And what would you do about this problem...because lord knows there are crazy people out in this world that may take things into there own hands and im not willing to die over a deer or land.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Default RE: Trespassing on private property

I would post some no trespassing signs and also talk to the local game warden and district attorney and follow their advice. I would make sure I posted my signs properly and legally then I would try and catch the trespassers on the property and we would have a serious talk. One they would not enjoy.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:23 PM

The thing is there are no trespassing signs already posted..?
Old 12-17-2007, 04:32 PM

Land mines.... solves everything
Old 12-17-2007, 04:35 PM

Just posting some no trespassing signs is not always good enough. They have to be so far apart, etc. Talk to the DA and local police. Make everyone aware of the problem so when you need them they are likely to respond and take some action.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:36 PM

Shoot them, or use trip wires.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah tresspassers dont care about no tresspassing signs. Tresspassers give hunters a bad name...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its probably someone(s) that have hunted there for years - and/or local kids. They might even think they have permission or really do.

Its pretty rare to have any property that doesn't get some use legally or illegally by other folks.

You didn't say what made you think others where hunting there?

FH
Old 12-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem where I hunt. Its my in-laws land & I'm suppose to be the only one with permission to hunt there , but every year I see empty shotgun slug shells tire tracks& foot prints. The land is 70 miles from where I live so its all most impossible to watch all the time with my work schedule. The land is posted but that doesn't seem to stop them.
Sooner or later Ill catch them.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Talk to the land owner and see if he knows of anyone else that may be hunting the land that he may have forgotten to tell you. How does your friend know someone else has been in there?

Quick Reply: Trespassing on private property

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.