Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

this is pitiful

Old 12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: this is pitiful

wish I would have taken video of a guy we had at the shooting range a few years back. My friend and I were waiting in line to shoot at the 25 yard range and this guy was missing the target completely. The range pro was telling him to adjust the scope and it wasn't helping at all, the "pro" was getting irritated to say the least. The guy went through a full 20 round box and part of the next box when the range pro finally said," Give me that gun and let me take a look."
The range pro put the scope up to his eye, then opened up the action to make sure it was unloaded, grabbed the guys case and put the gun in it. He then handed the cased gun back to it's owner and told him."The best advise I can give you is for you to sell your gun and take up another hobbie! Go home and don't ever come back!" (That's the PG rated quote, the real quote wasn't fit to be repeated.)
At this point we weren't sure what to think, so I asked, "What was wrong with that guyand his gun?"
His scope was mounted on the gun backwards! The pro said that looking through the scope the 25 yard target looked like it was 200 yards away and that you can't even see the cross hairs in the scope that way!
I think the pro felt like an idiot too, because they went through about 30 rounds before he figured it out and there were at least a dozen people waiting in line behind us.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

is he shooting up a road?

Old 12-18-2007, 07:08 AM

The pro said that looking through the scope the 25 yard target looked like it was 200 yards away and that you can't even see the cross hairs in the scope that way
OH man thanks for the laughs!!!!!!!

Really he should get some practice. One of my pet peeves is shooting an animal and not recovering it. I dont like it all. I have a buddy who shoots more deer but cant ever find them and it just ticks me off. Not only is he taking them away from the rest of us to kill but its wastefull and cruel! WAIT, get a good shot, TAKE IT and finish the deal,,,,,,,,,ok rants over!