Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Pitiful Hanging Head In Shame >

Pitiful Hanging Head In Shame

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Pitiful Hanging Head In Shame

Old 09-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pitiful Hanging Head In Shame

[/align]Got up this morning went over where I had killed a couple Deer before.Walking over where I set up under a Cedar Tree.Walking along hear something in the brush out runs two Bad Old Armadillos.

Get over where I want to set,they planted some Milo in there,this is good.I get set up.Starts getting light,hear some Toms Gobbling.I know which ones they are.Along about 7AM start having problems with the feast of Jalapenos from the night before.Got on up in the woods to take care of this( Note to self don't eat Jalapenos the night before hunting,plus Baby Wipes feel good)

Get back set up,setting there,along about 8:00 look over here comes them Toms.Well wife says not to be shooting Turkeys because cost too much for Arrows.But if I shoot a Big 10 inch Tom she won't get too mad.Tom steps out in the open,I only have one Pin set at 30 yards,he is about 20 yards so I'll aim a little low.Well I shoot just under him,I guess he must of been more like 25 yards.They are watching me not scared but I can't do nothing.Well they finally leave.(make note kill two Toms October first)

Along about 9:00 its getting hot so I think I'll head to the house.Wait what do I see,a weed that is moving not right.There is a Deer over there.Watching,watching,well I'm sure that is a Deer.Call with the Can.nothing,set watching.Then I see an eye,then a mouth moving.Its a Doe,she is feeding along.Comes out in the open,I call on the Can.Head comes up,then back down feeding.Well she is not coming this way she is going up that draw.So I get up,slowly work that way,we do the she puts her head down I step,she raises Head I stop.Find a hole to shoot through,she gets broadside.I shoot,well it sounded like I hit her,but not sure.

I go down look for any sign of a hit,seen where she kicked up dirt,couldn't find my Arrow.Walk up the way she went no blood.Go back to where I shot from,I said to myself it was right in line with that tree.Walk up to the tree there is my Arrow.No blood. Oh well!

Go back to the Pickup,there is a Fawn looking at me out of the weeds.Think you little sucker keep doing this your going for a ride.Don't think I will tell the wife about shooting at the Turkey.

big rockpile[/align]
Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Default RE: Pitiful Hanging Head In Shame

Sounds like a expensive hunt! Two arrows that bit the dust! LOL!! Was tree in front of her or behind her? Did you end up shooting over or under her? Two more weeks for me!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Sounds like a expensive hunt! Two arrows that bit the dust! LOL!! Was tree in front of her or behind her? Did you end up shooting over or under her? Two more weeks for me!
YeaI shot over her.I'm going to be close to Bass Pro couple days pick up some more Heads.

big rockpile
Old 09-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats is most up settting![]Can't do that, miss twice in a row[&o]
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

LMAO Rockpile. That was the most though about misses I've ever heard about. With all the notes to yourself and worrying about what wife will say and how many Toms to kill later and the cost of the arrows and the tree thang and all, I have one suggestion for you. STOP DOING ALL THAT THINKING MAN AND JUST HUNT!!! LOL. You'll enjoy yourself a whole lot more and probably connect with second nature. (you know deer can hear you thinking don't ya?) I just play real dumb and the deer feel sorry for me and walk by very slowly. Oh OK, I don't have to PLAY dump. It's just a natural thang for me.
BBO
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

BuddyBo if you only knew my wife.She sent me out in the woods with 3 Bullets for my Muzzleloader and two Deer Tags.Told me that was all the Bullets I needed.I got two Deer but used all my Bullets.

She came home today,looked in the refridgerator,seen a Chicken in there I killed,started raising cane with me for killing a Turkey.I told her it was a Chicken,but I did distroy two Arrows,she says you shot at a Turkey didn't you? I lied.

If I buy anything and it wears out,no matter how long I've had it and I tell her I need a New One,she will say you just bought one.And Lord forbid you buy something that you want to try and it doesn't work.With her you bought it you use it.

I've been trying to get her to let me go Hog Hunting again.Well you have one Hog Head Mounted,now why would you need to go Hog Hunting again? Well woman maybe it is fun!

Oh well I've been with her for 25 years must be something there.

big rockpile
Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for shareing your hunt,Doc says I get to go this weekend,been
like forever it seems,good luck in the coming season!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paper is so much easier to hit than meat.... I hope I never miss. (again) I will never forget the time I shot THREE arrows at a forkhorn all within 20 yards and missed everyone!!! That has to be well over 20 years ago with my Darton SL50. I had one more arrow left but I just gave up..
Old 09-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Had a buddy bragging on hitting a Deer in the head,talking about how good a shot he was.Then his Brother stepped in listening to his BS.Says he isn't telling the whole story.

He isn't telling the part that he shot a whole quiver of Arrows at that Deer finally hit it with thje last Arrow.

I very seldom miss a Deer with my Crossbow,but yes I have.

big rockpile