Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help with Coyotes

Old 11-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Default RE: Help with Coyotes

(PS: Gutshoot em. Max amount of suffering, no deer being eaten. Its what they deserve)
Show some respect for the animal that is just doing what it has done for hundreds of years. Talk like that really does make hunters look like disrespectful hoodlums.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate coyotes too, I hate everything about them, but they are still a living creature and deserve to be put down in a way with as little stress and suffering as possible.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

Try baiting if legal where you live i know it's not legal here where i live
Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

very well said.... I dont like coyotes any more than the next guy, but I believe anything I kill should be done cleanly and humanely....

Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

Show some respect for the animal that is just doing what it has done for hundreds of years. Talk like that really does make hunters look like disrespectful hoodlums.
I very much agree with you. I only shot them if I’m in an area where they need to be culled. For example, at a land owner requests or areas where quail or turkeys inhabit. The vast majority of their diet consists of mice and rabbits anyway. Everything I’ve read says that it’s a very rare occasion they get to take a deer fawn. I respect them for their tenacity. I would never want their death to be any more painful then necessary.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centauri

I agree with all the people who use gut piles. Once you lure em in, BAM!!

(PS: Gutshoot em. Max amount of suffering, no deer being eaten. Its what they deserve)
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but please add me to the list of what others have said about treating all animals with respect.

PS, Max amount of suffering is NOT what theydeserve.
Sounds like a case can be made for immaturity, lack of respect and arrogance. [:'(]

Three things I would never wanted to be associated with as a hunter.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 PM

God knows if someone had posted they gutshot a deer and it was lost, you guys saying to shoot the coyotes in the gut would tear him a new one about how he doesnt deserve to be a hunter and blah blah blah. Are you much better?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

I am just glad to see everyone ragging on those guys that think you should torture the yotes just for trying to get something to eat. But really I would try the calling method when you get a chance. doing that every couple days or so should start you in the right direction.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone need coyotes thinned out can PM me with a phone #. Chances are, in Wisconsin, Ill do it for hunting priv. Outside the state I gotta charge you, sorry.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you for real? what you said was completely irrelevent

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

God knows if someone had posted they gutshot a deer and it was lost, you guys saying to shoot the coyotes in the gut would tear him a new one about how he doesnt deserve to be a hunter and blah blah blah. Are you much better?

My advice is to find a skilled trapper in your area. Ask for recomendations. They will do it for no charge if they can keep the pelts, and you will have no problem in no time. I would volunteer but am not from the area. The same advice goes for a GOOD preditor caller.

Youmay shoot a couple young ones with calls or bait,however no offence but if you do not know what you are doing you will just get oneor two and educate the rest. They are SMART animals and learn what not to do very fast. Get someone who knowsthier stuff for preditors (and may be willing to teach you) and the problem will be gone.