Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help with Coyotes

Old 11-19-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Help with Coyotes

So I sat all weekend for Wisonsins opener. Have trail cam pics of 2 nice shooters and all we saw was one small basket rack 4 point. I just couldnt believe it and tried to figure out why. So I took a stroll around our property and found 2 dead dear (yearling does) completely destroyed by coytoes. Hair, blood, stink, and dead deer body parts everywhere. I though maybe these deer were hit by cars, but upon further insection and seeing a downed log loaded with Coyote poop I knew what killed these deer. It just makes me sick to spend the amount of time and money I did to have it all ruined by Coyotes. The woods reek of death so Im pretty sure my chances of seeing deer are really not good.

What is the best way to deplete this Coyote herd? Anyone have some suggestions?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help with Coyotes

I trap coyotes among other animals for a living. Let me know when you would like me to start the job.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

two things- a rifle and a animal distress call. pile them up
Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Every Feb. I go to a processor and get a bucket of chicken guts and det up a blind at a field edge where I can see along way then I play distress calls... We have gotten lots of coyotes off the farm that way. I have also had good luck just using a turkey call in Dec. through Feb.
they usually come right into that.... just chatter and make turkey sounds, it doesnt matter what the caddence is... good luck!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Gut shoot them and let the run off and die! BAM!
Old 11-19-2007, 12:17 PM

Get a rooster and put him in a cage where you are seeing the coyotes. Set off about 200 yards and boom....your in business. That rooster will be pissed and the coyotes should come running to him.

Works for us.

best of luck

Old 11-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Spike

Hang out over where you dump your guts from quartered deer! They tear that stuff up.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Spike

where are you from in wisconsin? if you don't have the time to hunt off a gut pile or call them in, put afoot trap. you'll have more coyotes then you'll know what to do with
Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Foothold traps are effective. But only if you know how to use it.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with all the people who use gut piles. Once you lure em in, BAM!!

(PS: Gutshoot em. Max amount of suffering, no deer being eaten. Its what they deserve)

Quick Reply: Help with Coyotes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.