Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Minnesota gun hunters how did you do >

Minnesota gun hunters how did you do

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Minnesota gun hunters how did you do

I gun hunted for the first time in 4 yrs and saw two fawns. Sounded like WW3 on opening morning compared to yesterday afternoon and evening not a single shot was fired. How did you all do?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Minnesota gun hunters how did you do

Wow are you guys now 2 weeks ahead of Wi, you used to be 1 week. Or was it your shotgun only season???
Old 11-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

No its the regular rifle season. I hate that it starts so early in Nov. though
Old 11-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always thought it was this week...ohh i guess it woudl be this week never mind derrrrr
Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 AM

Opening morning was great, saw 12 deer before taking a large doe and small 6 pointer.There was plenty of shooting at the opener, but itsettled down after the firest couple of hours.The second day was much quieter, and the deer weren't moving as much.
My brother took a decent 7-point with a bow on the opening morning as well. Good opening weekend for us in Central Minnesota.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like they spent a lot of time shooting each other, and themselves...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308337,00.html
Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Spike

I got a 5x4 buck that weighed over 200 pounds field dressed and a mid-sized dow with a bonus tag that will be fine eating.

Both shot on opening day.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:26 PM

i shot a doe sunday night around 5.. it was the only deer our party of nine got this weekend only 4 were seen 2 by me everything around us seemed to be very slow compared to usual we're in central minn east of st. cloud a bit
Old 11-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Plenty of deer taken north of Grand Rapids where I was hunting. I saw 3 doe before shooting an 8ptr that subsequently was shot/killed by the hunting party to our west. Most of the shooting was opening morning, after that it quited down.

Isaw mostly doesduring bow season but passed, waiting to takeabuck first with my bow.

The deer will start moving again tomorrow and Thursday, that is, after it quiets down after opener.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use to be able to hunt up there but stuck in college now! and the guy i went with is 6 and a half hours north of my school! (im in southern Illinois) but the party i usually hunt with up there got a nice 8 point, big 6, spike, and a huge doe! so they had a pretty good week!

Quick Reply: Minnesota gun hunters how did you do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.