Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

dead deer found

Old 10-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dead deer found

from the BFRO site, which just recently got pictures of a "bigfoot" only 20 mins from where i live... LOL anyways watch what they said here...

"The first sighting involved a local bow hunter who was out hunting at dusk. He had shadowed a herd of 15 or so deer through the woods for a few hours. Just after sundown, he laid down at the edge of a field where the deer typically grouped together at night. Part of the herd was browsing, just out of bow range, in the field . He laid there for some time, sitting motionless, waiting for a buck to wander within range, when the whole herd suddenly fled into the tree line across from his position. "

Since when do bowhunters hunt at night??? LMAO, bunch of fools.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Just found a dead mature doe here. The DNR says EHD is more prevalent this year because of the drought but it wont affect deer numbers.Strange though, I've not noticed as many of those gnats this year as in other years.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 AM

got tired of living.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

You guys (and gals)have CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) down by you??? It's similar to Mad Cow and we've got it insome southern areas of WI.

It's usually either that or old age up in these parts.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

ORIGINAL: deerhunter1224

I was out scouting tonight came across a dead deer. Appeared not to been shot. I never came across a normal healthly deer that was deer. Anyone else run into this?
When someone asks a question like this I have to suggest thatyou contact bristowboy. He has "seen" it all.

lol. it never ends does it. I can honestly report that nothing wierd or wild has happened for a while now. no huge bucks or anything for a few months now.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could it have been hit by a car and ran to die by the water? Internal bleeding might have allowed it to make it to where it is... just a different thought besides disease.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have been finding dead Deer here in Southeast Missouri......there hasn't been any found for the past 3 or 4 weeks but most of the deer were decent sized Bucks.I found a dead Fawn on our farm about a month ago.The local Conservation Dept reported it as EHD in this area.We finally got some decent rain and the weather has been cooling down too....hopefully we will get a good frost or freeze to kill any of the flies/gnats?

I've been out Bow Hunting and have only seen a few tracks and very little movement around our Farm,I have seen several Doe's and Bucks moving in the past 5 days more than usual on the road to work so at least there are a few that have made it through.I know a few guys that have killed Deer that seem to be OK but the numbers are really low for this time of year compared to the last several years.