Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Show Idea

Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting Show Idea

I am so sick of these hunting shows that make it look so easy. it is the same pros killing the same huge deer week after week. I have an idea for a great show.

Regular everyday hunters could submit entry or videos and a few winners each year would be selected. The pros could come to the state andarea in which these hunters hunt. They could scout a little preseason and then come out for a week or two during the seasonand show the people where they should set up and then help them draw in andshoot the buck of there dreams. Basically it would be helping regular hunters to succeed on there home turf with the help of a pro hunter. It would give a lot more credibility to these "Pro" hunters and it would be great for the viewers that are selected. JMO bt I think it would be a great show and much more realistic and rewarding.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Show Idea

i agree that would serve a much better purpose in training average hunters. however i doubt that that will ever happen. Most people turn on hunting shows, and all they want to see is someone take a big buck. i think that you would be more likely seeing something like that in a hunting educational video, but even at that it would more than likely be the guys making the videos property, that already know where the signs are. dont get me wrong i think your idea is good, but i just dont see it happening anytime to soon. as sad as it is for me to say this, im just not to sure that the "pros" are into hunting because they love it anymore! now i think they are just doing it for the money. i mean look at some one like Jackie Bushman, he has sponsers pay for his hunts, and gets put in places where he is almost guarenteed to get a monster buck, then he walks away from that deer with a check in his back pocket, while someone else field dresses the deer and takes care of all the dirty work.but that is just my opinion, and im sure i will probobly catch some flack for it from some, but im sure some people have to agree as well.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if some of the pro hunters could be much help just scouting a little in the preseason and then coming in for a week or two during the season. It seems like most of the shows I've seen the "pro" hunters are using a guide service that has already done all the prep work and knows where the big deer are and has the stand already setup and the pro hunter climbs the stand, sits and waits for the big deer to come by and then shoots it.

Most of these shows seem more like an advertisement for the outfitters and guides than an exhibition of any true skills by the pro hunters to me.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah i guess it is just a Pipedream
Old 10-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am actually talkin to a guy from Tn. He is working on a video that walks you through all phases. From scouting to food plots to hanging stand to actually taking the deer. It is a good idea but like andy said it will probably never happen. and i can tell you one reason it wouldn't work for me. Everyone that lives around me thinks they live in an alternate universe where they can kill any deer that walks in front of them. I practice strict QDM but it doesn't do me alot of good. so what good would a "pro" hunter do for me? Probably not alot.
But still a good idea.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats what i figured! there will be videos on it, but to expect a "pro" to do it, well honestly i dont think there are many "pros" that remember how to do those things at this point in there "career". like npaden said, all the "pro" does is show up and get told where the stand is and shoots the big buck, after soemone has already done all the scouting, stand asyble, and already have planted the food plots!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though a vast majority of the hunting shows and DVD's out there do use guides, outfiiters, leases, etc.,not all of them do! We're coming out with a video this spring in which all of the hunts are without the use of guides, outfitters, clubs or even leases. I wouldn't consider us "pro's" at all, but instead just "DIY" hunters who are extremely passionate about hunting trophy whitetails and taking advantage of the opportunities that we do have. And of course we'll show what we do all-year long....not just the actual hunt.

www.rutjunkie.com
Old 10-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not exactly what you are describing but there's a show on VS I think that selects hard working guys/gals and takes them on their dream hunts. If you get a chance to watch it make sure you do. I've seen it a couple times and I really like it. Much rather see Bob the steel worker shoot a basket rack than Bill Jordan shoot a 200 class wtail...