Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 idea for hunting show. >

idea for hunting show.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

idea for hunting show.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default idea for hunting show.

I've been reading threads on here for years now about what people like and don't like about hunting shows. I always hear "these are canned hunts" or "they are on private land whare nobody gets to hunt." All of these are valid arguments for hunting videos. What I was thinking was why don't they go to a different state each week and hunt big game. The only stipulation is it MUST be on public ground. Then at the end of the show they would give out the GPS coordinates so we as hunters could actually hunt the exact same spot if we wanted to. I thought it just might bring real hunters alot closer to what we see on tv. I'm sure there are a ton of holesin this idea but I thought it would be kind of neat anyway.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: idea for hunting show.

The odds of a successful show greatly deminish and if they were successful, especially on a quality buck, the area would be over run with hunters and I don't think anyone who hunts public ground would want that.

I'm up in the air on that one....I don't mind them hunting private ground as long as it's not fenced.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, I thought of both of those scenarios as well. I'm still on the fence too but it just seems like it would make the hunting shows more realistic and bring all of the "famous" hunters down to our level. I don't know...just a thought.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like the idea.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

I've been reading threads on here for years now about what people like and don't like about hunting shows. I always hear "these are canned hunts" or "they are on private land whare nobody gets to hunt." All of these are valid arguments for hunting videos. What I was thinking was why don't they go to a different state each week and hunt big game. The only stipulation is it MUST be on public ground. Then at the end of the show they would give out the GPS coordinates so we as hunters could actually hunt the exact same spot if we wanted to. I thought it just might bring real hunters alot closer to what we see on tv. I'm sure there are a ton of holesin this idea but I thought it would be kind of neat anyway.
i would love to see that, lets see what they will take in ma.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:38 PM

Stay tuned. The Lefty and Slice show is in the works, we do 90% of our filming on public land. We just have to compile enough public land footage to do something productive with it.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you guys ever watched Hunting with Penns Woods? They do alot of their hunting in PA and WV and of all of the shows that I've watch they seem to be the closest to "real" hunting that I've seen.At one time on the Outdoor Chanel there was a company called J & J Outdoors that was based here in WV and I know that they filmed alot of their stuff on public land here.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

Stay tuned. The Lefty and Slice show is in the works, we do 90% of our filming on public land. We just have to compile enough public land footage to do something productive with it.
Lefty26
If you plan on selling your videos becareful. Some public grounds require you to get permits if you intend to profit off the grounds. Its something like 100 bucks a day. If its just for personal use you wont need any. Just wanted to let you know. i dont want you to get in trouble. Its a dumb rule if you ask me. JMHO
Old 02-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I watched a hunting show on the Men's channel,the guys arrowed a decent 6 pt. Blood trailed it to where some other hunters had found it and drug it off. Public land hunting at its best.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:34 AM
Dominant Buck

The hunting shows of 30 years ago were mostly done that way , canned ranches were a rarity back then . I miss those shows , but unless you were taking a booner every episode like the other shows today your chances of staying on the air would be slim , today's audience is just too spoiled to watch you take a 6 pointer anymore . [&o]

Quick Reply: idea for hunting show.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.