Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 scouting for deer and found POT!! i think >

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Old 09-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Spray apple cider all over them and let the deer have them.
Roger that...best idea so far...setup a stand nearby for a good shot...and remember...

I know nothing, nothing !
Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't do anything. Pot ought not be illegal to begin with (if you want to kill yourself, its not the governments business to spend billions each year stopping you) and last I checked the only harm pot heads ever did was listen to bad music and drive to slow (well, I guess electing Nancy Pelosi ought to count too).

I wouldnt hunt there anymore, or at least scout there. I suspect that by the time the season really rolls around those folks will have cleaned and harvested things so maybe go back then.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just can't believe it. So much for hunting's image of "law-abiding sportsmen."

I think I'm done with this thread, but be forewarned - you break the law in the same woods that I hunt (drive your ATV around the road closure gate, shoot from the road, smoke pot, etc.)I ABSOLUTELY am going to do whatever it takes legally to get you out of the woods.

Your apathy means less to me than my clear conscience.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Bhensley posted the statemnet below(sorry i can't quote - do not know how)

I have a few friends who smoke weed and I tell them if they come to my house they better not bring any with them, not even if they leave it in their car. There you have it, not everyone is perfect and lord knows I haven't been perfect but I try my best to now. All I ask is you quit defending these people like this. I will lay off you if you do so, I am not on here to make enemys over the internet. And yes I know weed isn't near as bad as meth or coke etc...but is still illegal.

How come you are so righteous and you state that illegal is illegal regardless of the circumstances. I respected your opinion and then you went and made the statement above. if you are so into doing the right thing regardless of the circumstances then you should turn your friends into the authorities.I do not really believe this but based off of your posts it seems that you should. Just seems like you are being a hypocrite. I think many people believe that i should turn them in because it is easy to say when it is not you in the situation. The same way that people will probably agree that you should turn your friends in. That is ridiculous but people will say it because thay are not the ones in the situation. I just hope you see my point.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

see it seems like my "idiot" statements werent the only ones floating around regarding marijuan a and i guess some people will have to go argue with more trees. lol. and i was only saying not to do it because for fear of retaliation, it seems others just dont agree with marijuana laws - now im sure you want to cal them the scumm of the earth and put them down, right? lol i hope he doesnt turn them in.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

i agree with longisland. i hear alot of hyrpcritical comments.

long island - im sorry we turned your supposely easy request for an opinion into a heated debate, and it seems most people on here thought it was me continuing to vouch for people who smoke/grow/sell marijuana - which wasnt my goal. i was just trying to give you my point of view and keep you from doing some thing that you might regret. just want to let you know that
Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

I appreciate that.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

We had a bunch squating on Goverment Land.Poaching Deer,Trout,whatever.Growing Pot.Setting the woods on fire.You name it they was doing it.

Everyone was scared of them even Local Law.They came set my farm on fire in the middle of the night.I found all I could to turn over to State Police.They got them on arson.

Everyone told me that I did the wrong thing.Well after couple of them went to Prison,the rest would drive up and down my road,set my woods on fire.I would put it out.I had our Conservation Agent camped on my place basically.He would come in 2 or 3 in the morning,stay around trying to catch them poaching.He never did but they knew he was here and made it hard on them.

Finally they all packed up and left.

I've seen it all around here.Had a Person mad at another tried to get me to burn them out.I wouldn't,few nights later I seen their place burning.Had a Gay die at his Mailbox,they never found who did it.Had one guy have all his Hogs shot in his field because a neighbor got mad at him.Had an undercover Cop try to talk me into cooking Meth,I didn't but couple weeks later there was 25 bust around our area.This time of year there is all kinds of Meth Cookers next to me on Goverment Land.Had a bunch buy a Farm next to me said they was growing Pot and if they caught me on their Farm they would shoot me.I now own their Farm.

Had a guy Tresspassing on my Farm,lets just say after I got through with him he told them all in town I was crazy.But maybe that is what it takes being crazier than them.But I do know this I'm not going to have their crap around my place.

big rockpile

Old 09-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

rockpile- that is respectable. especially cuz its ur land. this is public land, which doesnt make it right, but does mean they can retaliate much easier. if ur on ur land, and they come onto that armed or attempting to harm propety, you have many more rights in terms o self defense or self preservation than if on public land. im just trying to keep this guy safe. even though the way you handle things is respectable and is a step above the norm, that doesnt mean he should put himself in danger, IMO. again, thats all it is, my opinion.

im glad people have stopped name calling, even if you do think my opinion is that of scum, a pothead or whatever. people should be able to debate a topic without making judgements.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 AM

For everyone who condones doing nothing for whatever reason, let me ask you this:

How would you fill if a family went out on a nature hike and ran into this bunch of deviants? What if something bad happen to that family? I for one would blame myself, because I did nothing.

Anyone who looks the other way when they see wrong doing, because they are afraid of retaliation is nothing more than chicken chit!!!!! It takes real courage to do the right thing. This country was founded on principles of fairness, and courage. This country will be ruined bypeople who look the other way and do nothing.

Quick Reply: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.