Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 scouting for deer and found POT!! i think >

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 PM

Default RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

In some areas it's the leading cash crop. I say keep the money in this country, buy American made. Where are you guys at with all the tick and how are the critters able to deal with them? Are they feeding off you or should I say imbedded?

[/align]
Old 09-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds to me like a bunch of kids, but letting them get away with it sounds like a step in the wrong directions to me, the more someone like that gets away with just makes the crimes they commit get just a little worse in my opinion. Maybe if they are taught a lesson now, it would be a step in the right direction. Bye the way my Aunt came across a similar situation in the woods, and turned it in immediately, she didn't even think twice, it ended up being a bunch of young guys and they never did anything to retaliate, and never grew pot in the woods again either. Selling pot just leads to selling other more dangerous drugs in the future, and that is when these people think they are above the law and can do what they want. But in my experience someone selling pot is not the type of person to go killing someone cause they got caught, you went from a possible few days in jail and a fine to life in prison, I don't think so. All this crap about everyone throwing the words SNITCH and RAT around make me sick. You sound like that dumb rapper who said on 60 minutes that if he knew or saw his neighbor killed someone he wouldn't say anything because he is not a SNITCH, you people are insane where do you draw the line.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Fork Horn

Bye the way are you the only people that hunt in that area? I mean you did say it was public land. So what i am trying to say is do you really think they are going to come mess with you if they are not 100% positive it was you that turned them in? Then again if it was them that saw you, you really have nothing to worry about because the pot is already gone.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pot is frequently grown in my hunting club, as well as the whole county. I knew of two different patches on my grandfather's land, i found them while fishingby the creek that runs through the property. I was young andit was just a personal useable amount, so I didn't turn them in. In retrospect 11 years later, I would have because Idon't want that on my land.I would think differently maybe in you situation, as for fear of retaliation.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

So do you plan to hunt this area again after this little "discovery"?

This is illegal activity, and if you don't report it, you've compromised your values as a sportsman. So I poach a big deer there out of seasonand you catch me. Do you report me? I have a rifle, you don't because you're out scouting. I WANT you to fear me.

In all likelihood, it's too late now. If this stuff was growing in tubs and that was the dirtbag you saw in the beater car, he's probably already moved his little "crop". Now someone else will be free to stumble upon him, maybe unwittingly and unarmed, when he IS armed.

Pass a violation of the law, you just set a new standard.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your scared about them finding out it's you and doing something theres one easy solution. S&W 40. Easiest problem solver ever.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Actually this isn't all that uncommon. It happens alot up by my grounds. more so on private than on public lands.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

I'm with getrdon,It will be gone in a couple weeks and forgotten if you mind your own business. It could be the land owners or relatives ,then what? I would stay clear of there for a little while and not mention it .That is what I have done .Self presevation is top priortyin my book.

[/align]
if it was the land owner they would not let you in there and if it was then there stupid for letting you in there

i do not see weed some great evil thing like some people
but when you could come between a druggy or drug dealer and there dope there not going to play the wait and see what he does game dopers are usaly paradiod unstable and willing to kill for there drugs

i would either turn them in or find a new hunting spot

also you might talk to the land owner and let him know what you found
because if i had weed on my property i would wont to to tell me wether it is mine or not because if it was and you found it it needs moved deeper in the woods lol
Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

I don't let the scum scare me.Had one put a Pistol to my wifes head.Told her if she turned him in he would kill her.So I turned him in.

Had some guys kill all my Hunting Dogs for turning them in for Poaching.I sued them and won.Still don't bring my Dogs back.

Yelp turn the Scum in!

big rockpile
Old 09-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Spike

I would turn them in. No question.why let some lowlife turn your public hunting lands into their criminal interprise.It's a moral obligation.What kind of country would this be if everyone just turned a blind eye to lawlessness.

Quick Reply: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.