HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 PM
djschuett

Default RE: Anyone ever...

ORIGINAL: huntnma

or maybe , you should bring him in the woods for a hunt and see how wellyour captaindoes....bring a bottle of perfume for his tree just in case, lol....just kidding.....my dad and step mom are anti's, my dad accpets it to a point, but he wont tell his wife, lol....she is an monster when it comes to anti hunting....we were asked years ago to get rid of our mounts and anything to do with hunting when she came down, we wouldnt , she didnt come down for years, finally this past year they came down and guess where we all had dessert?my house, lol....mounts and all, and she actually said she liked the decor, there was a calming feel to my living room, lol......just keep standing yuor ground and maybe one day, you might be able to change some minds, even just one is worth it....
So let me get this straight, you got to keep your mounts up and your step-mom didn't come to your house? Sounds like a win-win situation!

Last fall we were out of milk and since there was 4" of snow on the ground, I threw on my hunting boots and the nearest coat I could find which just happened to be my Cabela's 8-in-1 upland game jacket which has some dried blood stains on it (mostly just little drops no bigger than 1cm in diameter and probably only about a dozen of them).

I ended up getting in a conversation with the cop who works there (living in Des Moines, what do ya expect?) about my boots. He has the exact same kind and absolutely loves them, says they're warm enough for deer hunting yet comfortable enough to walk all day pheasant hunting in. I told him I couldn't agree more.

I then head for the checkout with my gallon of milk. Since it's semi-storming out there was only 1 line open and 4 people already ahead of me. I'm almost to the front when I hear the obnoxious disgusted sigh that can only come from a college aged female. Like an idiot I turn around to see a 5'1 250+lb girl standing there holding a bag of doritos and a Mt Dew wearing a jean jacket plastered in liberal/animal rights campaign pins.

At this point I should have known to shut my mouth because we were both clearly opinionated people, but I said "Can I help you miss?"

"Yes, you can tell me that those stains on your coat aren't from a poor defenseless little animal."

I felt a grin creep across my face as I replied, "It wasn't defenseless, pheasants can both run and fly very fast, it's a great defense."

"Why would even a sick pathetic murderer like you kill a beautiful bird?"

"Same reason you're gonna whole bag of Dorito's tonight, they taste good. However, unlike you, I don't mind getting the occassional exercise while in pursuit of a meal."

At this point, the guy behind her who happened to be wearing a camo jacket busts out laughing and says, "You may not agree with the guy, but when he's right, he's right!"

The 2 bill feminazi decided she was out-numbered and out-gunned, though not out-weighed and decided to shut her pie-hole for what was apparently the first time in years.

I went home drank a beer and ate a deer stick and it was one of the best tasting deersticks I have ever had