Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent control

Old 08-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Default RE: Scent control

After getting busted, I fell into the marketing game with all the hype on the labels about how you need all the different scent control products to have a good hunt. So, I went out and spent a fortune on the full line of products from clothes to sprays and found they help in a situation when your out west somewhere in a remote camp and don't have an oppertunity to wash your clothes as often. (which I have been a few times) I have to admit, it made a difference to the human nose anyway!That being said, if you hunt locally, and can wash your cothes often, then I don't believe carbon makes much difference but you should still use body wash and spray.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hunt the wind, use rubber boots and maybe spray a little scent killer on. Anything else is just going overboard.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Trust me Predator, the day you hunt using wind direction as your only cover, will be the day the Buck of a lifetime walks up from behind you! [:@]
A $10.00 bottle of clothes wash and a $10.00 bottle a scent killer is cheap insurance and thinking about your scent won't be renting any space in your head when your trying to hunt!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

personaly i will just pick up some dirt,rotted leaves, and some deer pellets and smear the mess onto my bibs. the way i look at it my for fathers HAD to put meat on the table and thet did this WITH OUT cover scent.... deer attractants... gps...ect ect ect.... imho it comes down to what a person thinks will work for them and what will not. as for me i will use that money for something else. just my humble opinion.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:42 PM

That's absolutly right, they also fired ther muskets out the back door if they liked or off their wagons or they could just go wondering through thousands of acres of woods until the hunt was succsessful. Unfortunatly, I don't have much hunting property I and don't have permission to use a firearm on either place so the scent killer is helpful. I also have left my hunting clothes in a bag of old leaves and dirt on occasion but that only helps the clothes, not the body. Happy hunting!