Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Other Hunters a big concern

Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Other Hunters a big concern

crackacoldone, I can totally relate, and I hunt private land!
I am under direct orders to kick anyone that I see off the 100acres that I have permission to hunt, yet when we fire up the 4 wheelers my host always wants to make new trails or check out the field "next door" that he has been riding on since he was a kid.
Its really an uncomfortable situation for me, I keep trying to explain to him that he is being a hypocrytebecause the guys huntingthe next farm have permission and that they have the right of way over his 15yr old spoken permission (especially in-season), but he will ride right thru a turkey hunt and talk the hunters, then race to gaurd his borders if he sees camo heading his way.
Its a weird situation, and I feel like a total ass when I tell a hunter to "turn around, your tresspassing", then the next day my host pressures me into going for a ride and we run into the same hunter that I told to leave and tell him that I have permission to ride here but I don't cross the border when hunting. Its a different situation from yours, but I totally understand your fears and how interfering with a serious hunters best laid plans can ruin your day.
However, you're on public land, if you do everything in your power to avoid others and only do so by accident you really have nothing to feel guilty about, its gonna happen to everybody, no matter how carefull you are. If you are honest and make a mistake and the other guy gives you grief then he is the ass, not you.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:15 PM

Just make sure that you don't walk by them when there is a huge gobbler 60 yards away from them going right to them on the last day of the season.

Sorry, I'm still dissapointed about last spring. [:@]
Old 03-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Typical Buck

w/e it happens. just dont do wut my dad did about 4 years ago. this guys was in a stand deer hunting out west and my dad pulled over, cuz there was a grouseand let my brother shoot a ruffed grouse 20 yrds away from him in his stand! o-well he might of made a deers day lol I usually dont run into that kinda stuff cuz im on priviate land for deer/moose, although sometimes we like to do drives on some crown land
Old 03-31-2007, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

If you can hunt people's private land just because there isn't a no hunting sign on it in New Hampshire then that is one of the stupidest laws I have ever heard. The law should be that you can hunt private land IF YOU HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION. Otherwise you are tresspassing.

x2
Old 03-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

It say's a lot about you that you have this concern! As others have said,smile,give a wave and back ou the way you came in.Then head some where else,hopefully some where that doesn't serve to cut off game movement that is headed in the direction of the hunter you saw.
It is unavoidable very often,if you treat other people in the same way you would like to be treated you will not have a problem.