Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Pattern Master choke users here? >

Pattern Master choke users here?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pattern Master choke users here?

Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pattern Master choke users here?

I bought 2 of these my accident off ebay(put bids on both and won both so go figure lol) Anyway, I wanted one for my remington 11-87 and to help with my buckshot patterns this season. My full choke does a ok job but as always I wanted something better. Anyway, Ive tested both of the chokes I won(ones the extended which is for 3.5inch shells but works fine with 3inch just like the standard). Anyway, at 25 yards the grouping pretty much suks. My factory full choke is about 8-10inches tighter than the pattern master. What gives? I tried the federal 00 buck and its a tad tighter, just about the same as my factory full. But the winchester 00's are all over the place. I didnt try 30 or 40 yards but with those winchestors it wouldnt be the 20inch circle they claim. Its a 20inch circle now at 25yards. What gives? Both chokes shoot about the same but neither are tighter than the factory full choke
Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pattern Master choke users here?

Try it with smaller shot sizes... the patternmaster may be too tight for your loads. Maybe try some lead turkey loads.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pattern Master choke users here?

ill try #1 through it and see but I was going by there website saying this worked best with 00 buck

I did try #5 turkey shot through it and it was way to wide then also