Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Kansas- opening weekend. Frustation and Joy >

Kansas- opening weekend. Frustation and Joy

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kansas- opening weekend. Frustation and Joy

Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Kansas- opening weekend. Frustation and Joy

welp, to start er off hunting down in teh SE corner and if anyone happened to watch the weather there was a massive snow storm which blanketed the area with a solid 12+ inches of the white stuff. Needless to say it was a solid 10 or lower degrees for the morning sit and warmed up to a cozy 20ish degrees during the day. Mighty Cold. Not a whole lot of action during the first day at all on saturday, except for 4 massive bucks standing in a field which just happens to be right off the highway near town, unhuntable. nuts. On sunday we trudged around all day in teh snow . I saw 11, 9 of the 11 were off in teh distance o ron the side of the road on unhuntable property. the other 2 does we're might fast and escaped the roar of the .270. To cap it off, my boots were wet, toes frigid and all around tired as hell. End of the day we had the idea to drive around loooking over these corn fields. I'd been driving my jeep the entire trip around the icy roads. Welp, he jumps in the drivers seat and I hop in teh passenger seat. Backs up into this farmers drive into a field, doesnt cut it enough, front right slides down and my father thinks, "I'll keep the momentum". Nope. Stops, spins the tires and digs a hole. Hot darn. Needless to say, he feels obligated to walk the mile to the nearest farmer, he was home and towed me out. I drove home. Yet no deer, but lots of stories.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Kansas- opening weekend. Frustation and Joy

looks like u got a little off the beaten path there haha, i really like that picture it reminds me of my own hunting areas, i can just imagine seeing that big buck try and get across that feild