Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Small Range Rifle????

Old 12-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Small Range Rifle????

ORIGINAL: axp117crow

ORIGINAL: DannyD

ORIGINAL: axp117crow

store bough stands are nice and last a very long time, but i mainly make ladder stands out of 2x4's and some plywood. or i hang some steps in a tree and build a little platform big enough for me to sit on. either way all ideas are good and shooting from an elevated position does eliminate some of the problems with stray bullets

Please remember to use the safety harness. ESPECIALLY with home made stands

i have many stands i hunt on a few different properties, some are bought and some are built. either way i feel more safe in the stands that i built than in a store bought one. the bought ones are great and i love the few i have, and my wooden ladder stands and makeshift stands i assure you are just as safe. but either way i always use my harness, as should everyone. any tree stand can fail, and any tree can break

Glad to hear you use the harness. I'm sure your stands are safe. They just have more potential to be damaged by high winds moving the tree around while you are not in it