Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

10 point!

Old 11-20-2002, 05:21 PM

Default 10 point!

heres a story for ya. sunday morning i wake up for the last day of deer season, all pumped and ready to go. we get to where im going to hunt (about 4-5hundred acres of farmland...fields mixed with small pockets of woods)i get to the spot i want to sit, sit there for 3 hours and didnt see a thing. so i head back and meet up with my dad and brother and we do some drives, the last of which, i trip and fall in a plowed cornfield, landing on my gun, bending the scope and breaking one scope mount ( i have a mossberg 20gauge pump with a bushnell 2.5-4.5x21mm scope) this would have ruined my day. so we head home and i take my gun to my neighbor, who bends the scope back and fixes the scope mount, then puts it all back together and boresited it. so we drive back to our hunting grounds and i pick my spot for the night, in a valley where on the first day i had seen a very large buck in the woods but never got a shot at. so i sat across from the funnel i had seen the buck earlier, and waited.....i was falling asleep when i heard a shot to my left, about where my little brother(12) was sitting. so the time went by and i figured it wasnt my bro cause he would have come and got me to help find it. so i put my head down to "rest my eyes." when i opened my eyes, i saw a deer about 70 yards away, jump a barbed wire fence and start to walk right down the middle of the valley ( the bottoms about 150 yards wide and is used as pasture for cows) as i looked at the deer i saw antlers and raised my gun, not caring how big they were since it was the last day of the season and i just wanted a deer. i pulled the trigger and watched the deer run strait into the woods but he never got over the top of the hill, so i got up and walked towards where he entered the woods, immediatly finding the bloodtrail and following it not ten yards to where i found my deer in a sink hole, dead as could be. when i saw the rack i just about had a heart attack, 18.5 inch spread, ten points n almost symmetrical, one sides just a little bigger than the other. he feild dressed at 185lbs, n a friend whos an avid hunter somehow came up with 240 for the liveweight. either way he was huge in my eyes, and now he's at the taxadermist, getting mountedif the pictures not on here, if i could email to someone who could post it, that'd be great.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 10 point!

Your friend is probably right, multiply 185 by 30% and you get exactly 240.5 lbs. Congrats on a great deer!
Old 11-21-2002, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 10 point!

Send it to me and I will post it for you, congrats on your buck.

THE NRA, WHERE WOULD YOU AS A GUN-OWNER BE WITHOUT THEM.
GUN-OWNERS, UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.