Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I can't stand people like this. >

I can't stand people like this.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I can't stand people like this.

Old 11-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I can't stand people like this.

Friday I take my wife out for her first hunt.We drive 3 hours to find someone parked at the end of my driveway. I start writing the guy a note about private property blah blah blah! When I an see him coming down my driveway. I confront him and he say's he didn't know that this was private property even though he has lived down the road for 40 years.

I told him if I catch him on there again I will have him arrested. He says don't worry it won't happen again. Sunday I go to get the pad off my ladder stand and the whole stand is gone. Now I am pissed. I didn't take his back tag # or licence info. So I spend the better part of the morning trying to track this guy down with no luck.My neighbor is keeping a closer eye on my placeandlooking for the guy's van.

Sorry I just had to vent I am glad this gun season is over too much crap not enough hunting
Old 11-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I can't stand people like this.

I had a similar experience years ago. We were back on our private ground before we built the house on it... hunting in the fields. 5 of us (Bros/dad/me) were loaded up in a truck driving across the fields when we spot a truck. We drive over and one brother confronts the driver as to why he is trespassing.

I recognized the voice and noticed it was a kid that I went to school with. The first words out of his mouth where "A buddy of mine from school said I could come out here". Being one to have a temper on occasion, I flipped my lid. I knew the kid somewhat, not friends-not enemies, but I certainly didn't give him any ideas about hunting on our property. I came flying out of the truck and screamed WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION? His face turned white, he knew he was busted. My brothers detained me and let the kid go, just warning him not to trespass.

Two weeks later the lock was shot off our barn and 8-10 treestands were stolen from inside. We all had our suspicions and finally confirmed it was the same kid we had ran off just weeks before. We were livid! The cops checked his place out and couldn't find any of our property so there was no way to press charges.

That was a real kick in the teeth to be treated like that. Of course in the long run we came out alright... things have a way of working themselves out- here in the country.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:51 PM

I had a stand stolen this year too. It pissed me off more than you could believe. It was not on someone elses property but it was taken with no clues as to it's whereabouts. I also had another stand up on someone elses property. Apparently someone got pissed off and so they put a NO TRESPASSING sign right under the stand. The agreement in the woods is that you can hunt anywhere and they all share land but apparently they didn't understand this or just didn't care. I'm not gonna argue if it's private land though so I'm taking it down soon. Just thougt I'd share that story. It's been a rough gun season but bow season was awesome.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:10 PM

I've never had a stand stolen, but just yesterday I found the same type of people. My family is the only one that has permission to hunt on our neighbor's land. While walking out yesterday I heard a shotgun go off three times. None of us usea shotgun in this area.I decided to lay low and see what would happen next. Up the hill comes these two losers looking for their deer. I latertracked them and found them gutting out a doe. When I walked up they said they were relieved because they thought I was the owner of the property, and said that they would be in deep S--t if he knew they were there. i told them that they better stay off or ask for permission. I wish I had remembered their backtag #'s, because I know they probably didn't have a doe tag for this area. I've been trying foryears to get one and haven't been able to. Makes me mad to find white trash ruining others huntingby not getting permission and shooting does without a tag. I'm pretty sure they would steal a tree stand if given a chance to.