Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

learning each hunt

Old 11-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default learning each hunt

Every time I am out in the woods and see deer I learn something new about them. Just the other day a buck was chasing some does. I saw the doe panting just like dog.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: learning each hunt

this is what makes hunting so fun, it's a never ending learning process.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've been at bowhunting for 25 years now and I still try to learn everyday. I doubt I ever stop learning. Deer are as individual as you and I.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

One of the best parts of hunting IMO. Everytime in the woods is a different experience. Seems like you see something you've never seen before or learn something every hunt. My personal favorite is passing on a deer in bow range. I love watching their actions up close. It's as much of a rush for me as shooting one.

Also what makes a site like this great. A wealth of knowledge floating around these forums.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:00 PM

I have killed some nice deer during my time hunting. This year hunting with my dad and just watching the deer and enjoying them has been a new experience for me. They are fun to watch especially when they are so close you can look down and spit on them.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is the best! The constant learning,the taking it all in and using the information to be a more effective hunter.One of the things that I take a lot of satisfaction in is getting close to deer while still hunting,when I get within say 40 yards or so and they are completely relaxed and unaware of my presence and just doing what they would ordinarily do.
There is always a new challenge,always something to improve upon.