Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Shot a "Tri-Pod" buck  here in Missouri >

Shot a "Tri-Pod" buck here in Missouri

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot a "Tri-Pod" buck here in Missouri

Old 11-18-2002, 06:58 AM

Default Shot a "Tri-Pod" buck here in Missouri

Well, opening day of Missouri's rifle season was this past Saturday. I have just gotten over back surgery 4 weeks ago, and was not able to hunt my stands that I had worked to put up this past summer, so I was "confined" next to the truck looking over a alphalfa field, which is still not a bad deal. No big story to report. No big drama of how I was hunting this buck for weeks on end. At 7:00 a.m., he walked across the field about 80 yards to my right. It was cloudy that day, and I could not see the base of his antlers from the side view I had. So, I gave him a doe bleat to turn his head, so I was able to check the rack out. He was wide, but taller than wide. I just lowered down on him and squeezed. He kicked clean up over his head, and ran off into the timber. Short story longer I guess, I went to get the nieghbor to have him pull the buck out with his four-wheeler, he also field dressed him for me. A "Thank You" goes out to him. He was a mainframe 8 pointer, but, he has a split eye gaurd and a 1-1/2" 3rd anlter or spike coming up out of the center of his skull. I heard about them, but, I have never seen one until someone here posted a pic of one last year. I wish I knew someone with a digital camera, and I will start asking around for one so I can post a pic soon. I hope everyone else had a great opening day in the state of Missouri this past weekend, and look forward to reading about anyones hunting trip here.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot a "Tri-Pod" buck here in Missouri

Congrats Richie3 sounds like a really nice deer hope you get the pics to share.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Shot a "Tri-Pod" buck here in Missouri

Congrats on the deer and hope all goes well with your recovery from surgery. Looking forward to a picture. BTW, you can take a regular pic to Kinko's and they will scan it and put it on disk for you. O just about anywhere you take film to be developed can put your pics on a disk as well as printing them. Just an idea.

Edited by - GoTres on 11/18/2002 09:22:35