Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missouri Buck Down >

Missouri Buck Down

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missouri Buck Down

Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default Missouri Buck Down

No, not mine but a good friend of mine that I work with! Just thought I'd share a picture. I'll give the abbreviated story here...it's all TRUE so don't even start with me...LOL.

My friend first arrowed this buck one evening. After a lengthy stalk and crawl, my friend was set up on the ground on the edge of a corn field in a strip of woods with hopes of getting this buck in close. Everything worked out and the deer was within 15 yards but was between some trees/brush and my friend. The buck took a couple more steps and my friend drew his string back, and the buck must have noticed and quickly did a 180 but didn't take off but started walking the other way. So now the shot angle was 1/4 away, which was perfect. Still at full draw, my friend grunted at him hoping the buck might stop long enough for a shot. Just as he released his arrow, the buck began to turn towards him and the arrow hit the shoulder with only about4 to6 inches of penetration.

Forward two days later and many hours of unlucky searching...my friends neighbor calls and says hey, "I put a shot on a big deer but I'm not sure he went down, can you come over here and let me see all your trailcamphotos of your deer to see which one it is?" So my friend goes over there and sure enough, it's the same exact buck that he shot in the shoulder a couple days earlier. The neighbors shot, was a pass through from the top of the back, through the bottom front of the neck. Again,much searching but to no avail!!

Forward three days later...my friend spots the same buck and gets him within range of his tree and finally seals the deal. The smile on his face kind of explains the joy he felt as he had been hunting this buck with a lot of determination!

Hopefully the picture posts...If not, I'll keep trying.

http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp99/mofiredawg/?action=view&current=Gary.jpg
Old 11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missouri Buck Down

Nice buck!

Old 11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn, that is one tough deer. Three shots to finally bring him down!!!! Glad to hear he was finally taken, not sure infection would not have gotten to him if your buddy did not first.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

That thing must be half cat!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice deer!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, if you look close in the picture above, you can almost make out on his front left shoulder where the arrow to the shoulder entered. I believe he uses fixed blades so it's not like the Rage 2-blade sized gash, but you can still make it out. Then you can see the blood patch on his lower neck where the neighbors arrow exited when he shot him a couple of days after the shoulder shot. That was obviously one tough buck to get on the ground. I'll post another picture in a bit.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a different angle!

http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp99/mofiredawg/?action=view&current=100_0491_1.jpg