Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Drippers

Old 10-16-2006, 10:02 AM

Default Scent Drippers

Has anyone ever used these types of things?

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?id=0004709&navCount=1&parentId =cat20096&masterpathid=&navAction=push&amp ;cmCat=MainCatcat20712-cat20096&parentType=index&indexId=cat20096 &rid=

I decided I was going to give one of these a try and was curious what methods people used when using them. Do you hang them directly over a trail? If so, do you scrape underneath the dripper? How high do you hang them? Low enough so the deer can smell it or higher than that?Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scent Drippers

Drippers are an excellent tool for getting a deer to stop where you want them to , I hang mine just to the side of a trail where there's an overhanging branch as suggested on the packaging . I generally hang it about 6 feet off the ground and make a mock scrape under it . Active Scrape is a good product , they really check it out .
Old 10-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent Drippers

They work great when used properly but can work against you if used incorrectly. Make a mock scrape first by taking soil from one scrpa and placing it in the mock scrape you have made. Filland hangthe dripper about 5-6 feet above the ground. Make sure your location for the scrape has a licking branch available. Remember these drippers are heat activated, so depending on temps soyou may want to place out of direct sunlight.