Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how to find wounded deer

Old 10-16-2006, 10:08 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: how to find wounded deer

Man, whats with this freakin metro crap. I mean, your a relative new bowhunter with a bear bow. I mean how much experience do you have to say it? 2-3years???? Give me a break. You may have the age, but in bowhunters terms, your a babe. Come back and talk to me when get like 20 under your belt.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have to justify my "credentials" to anyone let alone joey bag of donuts.I may have not bow hunted every yearbut I'm no newbie by any stretch.

Anyway, as far as my advice it it applies equally to firearm or string hunting. If you get off on blood trailing - have at it.

By the way..............

your tennis shoes are blue.

your socks need changing (real bad).

You are in advanced stages of pigeon-toe.

Your toe nails need trimming.
(WORSE THAN YOUR SOCKS NEED TO BE CHANGED!).

Old 10-17-2006, 05:18 AM
bigcountry

Right!! You have to track a firearms kill very far???? Goodness, you and I do hunt differently. Listen you pick up the gun, you put the crosshairs behind the shoulder, its that simple uncle matt. No tracking should be involved. Sounds like you need to practice more.

Here is aquestionsyou needed to ask about bowhunting just a few years ago. Scary from a big expert thats no newbie by any means.

Quote:
4) Fourth - How do I start shooting? At what? What distances? What type of arrows? How much practice before actually drawing down on an animal? Hay bales? I don't know.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep I asked those questions. I hadn't shot a bow in years and was going to a compound as opposed to an old recurve so I had some questions - so I asked.

I don't have a birth gift of all knowledge, like some people.

Donut anyone?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:35 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Yep I asked those questions. I hadn't shot a bow in years and was going to a compound as opposed to an old recurve so I had some questions - so I asked.

I don't have a birth gift of all knowledge, like some people.

Donut anyone?
Anybody that would ask those questions, has never shot a recurve or any other bow. In fact, thats about silly for a grown man to have to ask. Busted. Found a bag full of hot air over here.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll just stick by my original response to the question. A good shot will avoid any big blood trailing fiascos.

As far as the bag of hot air, I thought you were only self trained to find bags of donuts.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

First, make the shot count! If you can't hit the heart/lung area then don't shoot!

If the shot was bad, wait several HOURS before taking up the trail. Look for itsy butsy drops of blood. Sometimes they can be the size of a pin head. Look for turned over leaves. Look for the easiest route. Look for blood on the sides of taller plants. Take your time. If the deer is dead it won't go anywhere.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:50 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

I'll just stick by my original response to the question. A good shot will avoid any big blood trailing fiascos.

As far as the bag of hot air, I thought you were only self trained to find bags of donuts.
Well, I can't eat donuts, I am diabetic. I know you got the wrong person.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Way to high jack a post ladies. I am sure the thread starter is getting plenty of good information from you two bickering back and forth. Good first impression. Be proud!!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:07 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Copper31

Way to high jack a post ladies. I am sure the thread starter is getting plenty of good information from you two bickering back and forth. Good first impression. Be proud!!!!!
Well, you and I both gave good info. Not sure if a person can give more over the internet. I am curious myself how this gerber light works. I haven't seen too many good reports. I know I have trouble sometimes at night, and it keeps me from bowhunting eveningstoo much cause I know the animal can spoil overnight.

Anybody got a report on the gerber carn.?

I have also tryed the pyroxide spray before, with limited succes, just about everything bubbles in the woods however.

One thing I have found is two-three people max, and have one person stay in place on blood and start circling. Don't hesitate to have another person go like 50-100 yards away to look. I have seen it too many times where a friend has found blood really far away.

One other tip, i have found is, they generally go downhille when hit and usually go to water. They will stick close to a creek usually, and usually down downstream. Seen that alot too. Not a hard rule, but something to keep in mind.

Quick Reply: how to find wounded deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.