HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how to find wounded deer
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 08:07 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: how to find wounded deer

ORIGINAL: Copper31

Way to high jack a post ladies. I am sure the thread starter is getting plenty of good information from you two bickering back and forth. Good first impression. Be proud!!!!!
Well, you and I both gave good info. Not sure if a person can give more over the internet. I am curious myself how this gerber light works. I haven't seen too many good reports. I know I have trouble sometimes at night, and it keeps me from bowhunting eveningstoo much cause I know the animal can spoil overnight.

Anybody got a report on the gerber carn.?

I have also tryed the pyroxide spray before, with limited succes, just about everything bubbles in the woods however.

One thing I have found is two-three people max, and have one person stay in place on blood and start circling. Don't hesitate to have another person go like 50-100 yards away to look. I have seen it too many times where a friend has found blood really far away.

One other tip, i have found is, they generally go downhille when hit and usually go to water. They will stick close to a creek usually, and usually down downstream. Seen that alot too. Not a hard rule, but something to keep in mind.