Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
aerial photo and a couple questions >

aerial photo and a couple questions

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

aerial photo and a couple questions

Old 11-10-2002, 05:26 PM

Default aerial photo and a couple questions

ok thats the aerial photo of my spot. in red, i circled spots that i thought were potential funnels. am i right? im not sure if all of the circled areas are in the hunting boundaries, but the boundaries probably arent marked very well, as it's state land around a lake. one spot i know for sure i can hunt is the creek bed that i have highlighted in red. it is in the back of the cove that the cabin is on. does it look any good? ive been here before, but never deer hunting. two years ago we saw a buck that was almost identical to the large buck that was shot on Hagerman a while back, if any of you know anything about that, and we saw that buck two coves north, but we dont think we can hunt there because theres a girl scout camp about a half mile inland.
any help?
thanks.

hmm...i guess you cant post pics off Webshots?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...54827696tMKatd

there...should be fixed

Edited by - huntman on 11/10/2002 18:30:32

Edited by - huntman on 11/10/2002 18:31:38

Edited by - huntman on 11/10/2002 18:32:34

Edited by - huntman on 11/10/2002 21:52:27
Old 11-10-2002, 05:55 PM

Default RE: aerial photo and a couple questions

huntman;
i would like to help you, but i can't open the file. it says i am not the owner of the album. you must fix the link.

don't fear the night
fear what hunt's at night
the snakeman
Old 11-10-2002, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

While aerials are very good for laying out known feeding areas with potential bedding areas so you can pick out potential stand sites, there is no substitution for leg work during the summer and after season to confirm the movement patterns. You will have to have more than an aerial to get the most from your hunting area.

Old 11-11-2002, 05:01 PM

i agree completely, but in this spot, i only have two days of hunting this weekend, and i was just trying to get an idea of the areas i should key in on. we will be duck hunting sat morning and then deer the rest of sat and sunday.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I believe correctly you'd need a topographical shot to determine whether or not there are funnels where you marked. Since it's in Texas I'm assuming that the land is relatively flat, so I doubt they are funnels.

"If a lie is repeated often enough, the gullible public will eventually believe it." -- Paul Joseph Goebbels (Chief Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda for Adolph Hitler)