Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Getting my camera out of the woods >

Getting my camera out of the woods

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Getting my camera out of the woods

Old 07-15-2006, 07:25 PM

Default RE: Getting my camera out of the woods

I don't think so. I haven't see that option on the camera. It's one of those $100 Moultrie cameras and it doesn't have many options like that from what I can tell. It has a very bright flash on it and takes good pictures as long as you don't have it pointed directly into the sun. I have only had it out twice and I have taken a total of 332 pictures, 4 of the 10 point and about 240 of the deer posted here along with some does where the 10 point was. I have been blessed with getting good pictures of bucks, most of the pictures that I have seen from my club have been of does or very small bucks. I guess not shooting every buck that walks out has really paid off for me. Thanks for all of the comments guys. I have more if anyone would like for me to post them.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Typical Buck

I hope to put my brand new trail camera out in the usual spot either tomorrow or Monday. I got a Bushnell 192000 from opticsplanet for $120 plus tax because they are based in Illinois as well. Either way, its a great pasttime. Hope you have great pictures!
Old 07-16-2006, 06:32 PM

Thanks for the comments. I have really enjoyed this off season since I got my camera. i had a green Leaf 35mm and I hated it. I hardly got any real pictures, it would take a picture everytime the wind blew no matter how much trimming I did around it. Plus it costs you everytime you get the film developed. I like my digital one a lot better, I can still have them printed out plus I can e-mail and post them. I think this has been my best investment yet. I call it hunting legally out of season. Even if I don't get that 10 point, I can still hang him on the wall.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

Tigerfan, enjoyed the pics. Just bought the Moultrie GameSpy 200 Friday, and hope to get into the woods this coming week. Hope mine come out as good as yours. Not sure I have any like that nice one though.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:25 PM

Very nice pics.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Good pics!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ive got a moultrie 200 also

Alright regarding the "cateyes" if you sit back and think about hwat you just asked.These cameras are performing automatically, they are taking pictures when you arent around, seeing what deer you have in your area, which is the exact reason for purchasing a game cam.I think these cameras exceed expectations by just taking great pics, i believe the eyes thing is just something you are just going to have to over look.It doesnt make a difference at all
Old 07-18-2006, 12:21 AM

You're getting your cam out and I haven't even gotten mine set up yet.
Arrrrggggggg!!!!!!

Guess Ishould stop being lazy and take a drive up country and set them up. (better put the big chip in the digital since I just haven't been having the time to go up every week. sigh, guess it also means the 35mm will be empty long before I get back to reload it )
I better motivate myself to do it, especially since I have a couple of new crop areas planted near our stands. I didn't quite agree with my father's decision to have timber cut but he's got the lion's share of the deed and wanted it done, althoughit didgive mea few half acre open areas to set up and plant.

(probably end up with more pics of turkey than deer, just like last year. and probably more pics of deer tails than anything elsewhen I do get them on cam)
Old 07-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Nice pics!