Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how does hunting affect our environement? >

how does hunting affect our environement?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how does hunting affect our environement?

Old 04-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default how does hunting affect our environement?

Hey guys i was looking for some help. I have to do a research project and thought i would do it on hunting. Thequestion i came up with is how does hunting affect our environment? I was just wondering how do you guys think that hunting helps the environment. All help is really appreciated. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how does hunting affect our environement?

The simpliest way it help is this. When this country was settled one of the first thing that occured was the preditors were removed. This caused the balance of nature to get out of whack. Hunting allows for the preditors to re-enter the system. Now the preditors are human but we are still doing the same job. With it being a sport it also allows for a control system that prevents over harvest. If anything there is an under harvest in many areas, but even with that we have it back in balance to the point that wildlife is not destroying its own habit though over population (over grazing/browsing). Now of course we might destroy the habitat to build another damned shopping mall but that is another story entirely.

-john
Old 04-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention, The VAST amount of $$$$$$ that hunters and all REAL sportsman contibute in many ways to the conservation and protection of the natural world. How many PETA freaks contribute to anything but political agendas???

It is a known fact that throughout the world, many great animals that are now endangered have some of their last strongholds in Old hunting preserves (tiger) because hunters and fisherman want to preserve the outdoors that they love as much and probably more than anyone.After all
we go in the outdoors as a refuge as well.
hb
Old 04-08-2006, 04:34 AM

Hillbillyhunter1 nailed it. Hunting and fishing licenses as well as taxes from equipment sales funds nearly all conservation efforts in most states. Add the fact that most hunters wll support legislation to maintain wild areas and actually show up to maintain these areas are some of the facts that will not make the evening news.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

well if there wasnt hunting then there would be ovedrpopulation of all animals. If there was overpopulation problems then there wouldnt be enough food, or living spacefor all of the animals.if that happened disease would spread like wild fire and moreanimals would die from starving or sickness than hunters would kill.

This also makes for a good arguement with anti-hunters... if you can get them to listen i never have!