Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone hunt in Europe?

Old 02-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone hunt in Europe?

I'm stationed in Italy and have a chance to drive 2 hrs to Slovenia and hunt Roebuck. Is was wondering if anyone had ever hunted in Europe and could give me some advice?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:49 PM

Default RE: Anyone hunt in Europe?

Shoot I definately haven't. What kind of game do they have in Europe?? And wow I'll bet Italy is an awesome place to be stationed!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Italy is pretty cool. Europe has roebuck, red stag, fallow deer, sheep, brown bear, boar, and more, but this is what I want. It anly weighs 40 to 80 lbs.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would try it if possible. I've often wondered about the different countries inEurope and how hard it is to get license and draws. How much is the cost? Update when you get back..
Old 02-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I can tell you that most of the land is private so you pay for a license, trophy fee. This hunt cost 850 Euro, about $1000. Then you have Tip and rental of a gun cause I can't legally own one over here. But man it's some beautiful country and no fences.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just figured I might not have a chance to do it again. I'm also trying to add to my mount collection. I already have a trophy brown and rainbow trout I caught in Italy mounted. It would be cool to get a deer over here.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

This may get deleted but there are some knowledgable guys on www.accuratereloading.com on the european hunting forum, that is the best place I have found for european hunting info.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:59 AM

I ve neve hunted down at the continent, butI hear mostly good things! Look into the baltic states and Poland too. Many go from Sweden to hunt wild boar and roe deer in former eastern block. Sweden aint bad, but I guess its more expensive.
Where would there be bear hunts? Moose and the other species I know of hunting operations but never knew there were bear hunts for sale(withprobability to meetbears that is)? Would that be in Russia?
Old 02-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Consider hunting Chamois -- little goats that inhabit the mountains -- and Ibex -- I believe a kind of sheep. You mention "red stag." There is something very like an elk in Europe -- maybe the red stag -- which would be pretty cool to hunt. First on my list would be Chamois hunting, but that is just me. Indeed, take advantage of your stationing to do some European hunting.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:24 AM

I was stationed in Germany for 5 years, and I saw some AMAZING red "stags"...also heard them referred to as red elk, or red deer. I asked around about hunting, and was told it was super expensive (can't remember how much), AND that you can't take a trophy for the first couple of years...you have to take smaller, or inferior animals, AND that you had to hunt with a guide. Things may have changed since then. I just don't like the idea of a guide. I like the solitude of hunting.I'm here to tell you that those red elk are BEAUTIFUL, and HUGE...compared to whitetails! I was mountain biking by myself in the Taunus Mtns, and had stopped for a little snack. Heard a twig snap about 20 yds away, and thought to myself that it sounded like a whitetail back home sneakin' around...turned around and saw a big doe (or do they call them cows? ), with a youngin'. About 15 yds out in front of them, I saw a monter buck (or is it bull?)...the sun was streaming through the treetops, into a really dark part of the forest, and he was magnificent...it's one of my favorite memories of Germany. Although I did wish I could have stuck an arrow in him. (sorry for the rant) I travelled around in Italy a few times, and saw some nice lookin' goats up in the mountains, but never saw any of those deer you're talking about. Let us know if you get to hunt and get some PICS!!

Quick Reply: Anyone hunt in Europe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.