Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ban Jimmy Houston

Old 02-12-2006, 11:43 PM

Default RE: Ban Jimmy Houston

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

Is what he did stupid? Based on what I can see of the video, YES it was stupid and he had not business being there. He didn't buy a license to hunt up there? As far as I am concerned, imho ANYTIME you are hunting behind an enlosed tract of land be it 4 acres or 40,000 I don't think you should be required to purchase a hunting license. When the land is enclosed it becomes the SOLE possession and work of that landowner. The game warden and game departments are no longer doing anything on that place and the tax payers money is no longer doing anything for the support of any game contained within that enclosure so I think the "he had no license" debate is a moot point for that very reason. In some states if you actually DO hunt on enclosed lands you aren't actually required to purchase any permits.

Do I think Jimmy deserves a little flack for what he did while on camera? Sure I do if for no other reason than to say, "Hey Jimmy wtf were you thinkin and how do you call that huntin?" The deer obviously wasn't in a natural surrounding and obviously wasn't "just there". The guys in the background prove that out. SHAME ON HIM for that. But perhaps more importantly is SHAME ON HIM FOR PUTTING IT ON FILM. I don't really think they meant to put the kill on film as it occured back in 03. Had he planned on using the footage it would've aired in 04. And if he DID intend to use the footage but later realized it was too much of an embarassment and changed his mind, he should've destroyed the film. He HAS lost credibility with many and this HAS hurt his reputation with possible sponsors now. The man has busted his arse for 4 decades to become one of the industries biggest names. Why risk damaging some of that work on one silly hunting clip?

I feel sorry for Ms. Chris having to get involved. She obviously loves the man as they have been married for a long time and have done alot together, both on and off the TV. For the "bandwagon" to get so bad that she felt she had to come on public forums and defend his honor is bad enough and speaks equally as bad about those trashing them in their time of need.

I suspect many in here would just as soon nail him too a post, pour gas on him and set fire too him. WHY? He killed a damned ol deer under less than desirable circumstances (for which he has apologized for, no matter how "silly" some of that apology might be!) he didn't murder, rape or pillage. He didn't swindle the public or taxpayers out of millions or billions (he didn't air the tape so you can't say he committed fraud upon his viewers) like many politicians or greedy tycoons. But none the less some in here want to see the mans reputation and ability to earn a living for his family completely ENDED!!!

Do I still like Mr. Houston? Damn skippy I do. No matter how high we put our heroes on a pedestel, they are still human and prone to screw up every now and then. But in their cases there always seems to be a camera around to catch their mistakes (whether it's their camera or not). Greed, simple and plain is why Jimmy did it. I am sure if the footage had been better he WOULD have used it on the show and I doubt many of us would've known any different and sure wouldn't have thought any different of him now would we?
I totally agree.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry Red that you have chosen such a person ( as JH) to be your Hero and now defend him with the impotent references to people on here as "lil fellars' or "jealous". Your defense of him displays problems symptomatic with the wrong road that many take.You say---"of course he didn't apologize until he was caught"---it's the american way. You say---"we shouldn't hold it against him--he's been around for 30 years". He's one of the biggest "draws" in the hunting industry.-----???? who cares? and who know's, perhaps he's done many other unethical things before he was caught---usually the case, I figure

Some of us don't follow the money when it comes to hunting unlike Mr. Houston, Sir, and possibly yourself it seems.

I still contend that Jimmy houston has always been a minor blip on the radar screen formost thatcare about such things as hunting and fishing and perhaps now he's blipped his last blip
Old 02-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can promise you that you can take the BIGGEST name in hunting and feature him at the same show as JH and JH will outdraw him EVERYTIME.
I don't think so... At least not before this little episode.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't want to keep beating this dead horse ,but when he got out of his truck and looked around he made hismind upto stay.

No one I have ever hunted with would have taken their bow out of the truck at any place like this.

If it was dark when he climded the tree at sun rise he should have gotten down and went tohis truck and went hunting some where.

When you sleep with goats you wake up smelling of goat $hit.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I don't want to keep beating this dead horse ,but when he got out of his truck and looked around he made hismind upto stay.

No one I have ever hunted with would have taken their bow out of the truck at any place like this.

If it was dark when he climded the tree at sun rise he should have gotten down and went tohis truck and went hunting some where.

When you sleep with goats you wake up smelling of goat $hit.
Well said BJ
Old 02-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

As for the, "he didn't squawk until he was called on it". Well excuse me, but would anyone in here admit such an embarrassing situation BEFORE it became public knowledge? If you say YES then you are a LIAR!!! We just don't operate that way, we know when we screw up and we hope that no one finds out. Once they do THEN we begin the damage control. That is just life.

JH just got caught up in the wrong situation and made a poor decision. He certainly hasn't made that his lifes pattern or history!
RA
Well like your above statement says Red ...if he has he sure aint gonna admit it ..is he..that way nobody will find out?
dd
Old 02-14-2006, 08:23 PM

I THINK ANYONE WHO APROVES OF THIS SHOULD SELL ALL THEIR GUNS AND NEVER HUNT AGAIN THAT IS SICK IM 15 YEARS OLD THATS NOT HUNTING IM AM SICKEND BY THOSE VIDEOS AND HE DESERVES TO ROT IN JAIL THIS WAS THE MOST SICKENING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IF HE CALLS HIMSELF A HUNTER HES GOT ALOT OF NERVE I THINK THAT IS UNETHICAL AND DISCUSTING HOW SOMONE COULD EVEN PAY TO PARTICIPATE IN SOMETHING LIKE THAT SHOULD ALSO SELL ALL THEIR GUNS AND NEVER HUNT AGAIN!!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

dh01 i thought you said your canadian, and 17[>:]which is it? 15 or 17
Old 02-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like your attitude DeerHunter0000001. Tellin things like they are. The emporer has no clothes
Old 02-15-2006, 07:15 PM

I never say my actul age on chat but im 15
and thanks what he did was sick...