Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Telling it like it is

Old 12-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Telling it like it is

Fellas,

I just gotta tell you all how much I enjoy this site and the discussion, even if it gets heated like the, "I am sick" thread. I'm not a hardcore deer hunter and have slacked off in other areas of hunting as well. I just turned 40 and have a 20 month old son. After 35 years (yes, since i was 5) of hunting, I now get more enjoyment out of seeing other people kill out, and the comaraderie, thanfilling my tag. For me, a good typical day in deer season goes like this. My Dad (the deer hunting fanatic) drags me out of bed. I go sit in my stand for an hour or so. If nothing happens, I head out and spend the rest of the morning helping other folks field dress their deer and drag them out. I then try to recruit folks for an afternoon rabbit hunt (away from deer hunting areas). The evening is spent in my fathers garage/camp AKA "the war room" cooking Cajun food and drinking beer with other hunters who drop by to show off their deer.There is often a lot of lies told, and even heated squabbles about ethics,legality, and politics. But, I love every minute of it. Much of the talk on this site has me chomping at the bit for next deer season. And I hope that some of the young folks just getting started, and visiting this site, can look forward to much of the same throughout their lives. But then again, they may think that i am a lightweight since i no longer spend the whole day in my stand.
I'll get off my soapbox now.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Telling it like it is

LCC I can appreciate where you are at. You don't have to hunt to be involved with the sport. I like the HNI discussions because it gives me a chance to understand others ideas from different areas of the country. Glad you are back
Old 12-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, LCC we at least have two things in common! I'm a Coon Ass, and I think HNI is a great site too!
Well, three things in common, I like couche-couche too! The little lady doesn't know how to cook it though!
Old 12-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jag,

Temporary truce, at least on this thread. We can argue elsewhere. I spent three years living in a place called L'anse couche couche in in Acadia Parish. I use that handle because its one of the few email addresses, even in French, that isn't used by someone else. I also went to school for 1.5 years at West Orange Stark High School in Orange, Texas near you. If you're 'cadien, I can understand a bit better your attitude about land and tresspassing. You ever heard the "My land, my duck" joke?
Old 12-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Well, LCC we at least have two things in common! I'm a Coon Ass,

HahahahaI have something in common with both ofyou two also, I have a hole in my pirogue too!
Bon Amee!