Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Im am sick SICK SICK !

Old 12-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Im am sick SICK SICK !

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Sorry DD I have to disagree with ya! On here its more like a hemorrhoid, You know you will never get to see it and chances are it will never go awayso you just have to know its always going to be a pain in the __s.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

DD...why were the runts off limits? He's a rookie. If I had someone that I wanted to take hunting and had a couple of deer patterned, I would tell him to take the first one he was satisfied with. I'm not busting your chops here DD.....and i won't get into the other things that happened after the shot. It just seems that there are ALOT of deer in the south from what many on here say.....I don't see why killing one would hurt the herd?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:43 AM

DD...why were the runts off limits? He's a rookie. If I had someone that I wanted to take hunting and had a couple of deer patterned, I would tell him to take the first one he was satisfied with. I'm not busting your chops here DD.....and i won't get into the other things that happened after the shot. It just seems that there are ALOT of deer in the south from what many on here say.....I don't see why killing one would hurt the herd?
I'm not Doc, but here are my htoughts for what their worth. I have hunted on other peoples property. And I repect their wishes. If they tell me toonly harvest mature does, that is what I will take. Mature does, and nothing else. I could say, well you have plenty of buck's, whats he problem. But, regardless of what I think, I need to repect the owners wishes. JMHO
Old 12-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand that reasoning longrifle......but like I asked...why put limits on a guy w/ little to no experience? Same as taking a kid. Experience is underrated when it comes to sizing up a deer.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

WOW! It's a nubbin buck fawn for Christmas sake! Thousands of them are killed every year!!! So he made a mistake! Get the F&%^ over it. I can think of a crap load of other things to worry about than that. Plus you recovered the animal ...it will make great table fare. Some people are so unbelievably ignorant.

Next time maybe you should justrefrain fromposting on a publicforum the part about illegally dispatching a deer at night...Why even post that??? Dumb is an understatement!! I may or may not have done the same thing... but I am smart enough to keep something like that to myself.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:14 AM

This has been a very enjoyable thread. Like a good saturday night movie, a little bickering, a little ethics, and even some medical terminology kinds like E.R. Everyone has their own standards and everyone is entitled to that. People do the opposite of what I beleive in every day thats life. All of us need to go out and do some more hunting to release some steam. We all sit in front of the computer going back and fourth on the same subject over and over again. DD beleives the guy did wrong good that is his opinion. NY thinks putting a deer down at night is wrong thats his oppinion good. Alot of you think DD should go easy on the guy good thats your opinion. If we all agreed this world would suck big time. Can we please let this one go. I am tired of reading it already kinda like a rerun. Good luck to you DD in what ever you decide to do with your student. Please for the sake of the sport try to work it out with him. I have hunted public land all my life and I usually take the first thing I see. I have gotten big deer and little deer. I think of it like this if I don't shoot it someone else will and if I can use the meat I am goin to shoot it. That is my opinion and I am happy to share it with you.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Browning_1

Some people are so unbelievably ignorant.

Next time maybe you should justrefrain fromposting on a publicforum the part about illegally dispatching a deer at night...Why even post that??? Dumb is an understatement!! I may or may not have done the same thing... but I am smart enough to keep something like that to myself.
Well you have called me ignorant and dumb in the same post and we aint even going steady !... and you might be right ....but when all the smoke clears and everyone gets off their sope boxes the fact is I am honest ..and tell it like it happened ..I for one think if EVERYONE told the truth and the WHOLE truth so helpthem God we can all learn from these threads and if you "keep it to yourself" how canothers learn...also when you only tell what YOU WANT them to hear and not the entire story then to me its just like lying ... I may be an old hay seed plow boy who is ignorant and dumb in some eyes but I am not a lier and I am a man of my word..

dd
Old 12-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Whatever lets you sleep at night...
Old 12-23-2005, 12:35 PM

was this little button buck with it's sister? What I am getting at is you told him they travel together. Well, if it came in alone he may have thought it was a different deer. Single deer can be harder to judge...even for the experience hunter.

Would you have been made at him if he shot a 160" buck?

I won't hunt with someone on their land if they set limits. Setting limits or making deer off limits is just looking for trouble. If you don't want certain deer shot, don't let other hunt there unless they have proven to you thorugh years of hunting together, that they know what they are doing....and then you still may get what you don't want.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:47 PM

hey DD i made that mistake this year also, see this year is only my second year hunting and i shot it at 162 yrds. away so i couldnt tell it was a button buck but the meat sure is tastey.

Quick Reply: Im am sick SICK SICK !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.