Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Im am sick SICK SICK !

Old 12-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Im am sick SICK SICK !

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i think it all boils down to what each person believes is right or wrong. in the situation Doc has described above, i would have done the same thing. i do not believe you can rightfully call what happened "poaching". finishing off a deer that has already been shot during legal hours and season is not poaching...in my book. i also find it hard to believe that any game warden, atleast around my neck of the woods, would make an arrest on this.

also, if other hunters on here feel that it is their duty to hammer other hunters on here on their way of hunting or their beliefs, then so be it. maybe it makes them feel like more of an "ethical" hunter to point out what they think are "wrong doings".

whatever decisions that you make in the woods and in life in general, you have to live with. if you can sleep at night and feel that what you have done is right, then who cares what someone else thinks. the only person who has the right to judge anyone, is the good lord above. everyone else is going to piss and moan about something!

10-4!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Camo,

I think that it may boil down to actual experiences. I have been involved, directly or indirectly, in a lot of the "gray area" scenarios discussed here and elsewhere. Its easy for someone with a very limited perspective to sit at the computer and spout rules and regulations to someone. They might develop a much different perspective when they are faced with an actual situation that requires a rather quick judgement. Dunno, it just seems to me that some folks here seem to get highly vocal about the things that they just don't seem to know that much about or have ever encountered. Don't want to spout college professor gobbedly gook, but there can be a bast gulf between theory and practice. Unfortunately, the theorists don't get much practice....
Old 12-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here Here Well said LCC ... now just an update so some of the other guys can take a shot at me .... I took some of your advice ( yes the good Doctor does appreciate good sound advice) and I called the young man that killed the yearling .... I explained to him why I was so agravated about what happend and he listened politely ..I tried to share with him my dissippointment ... he politley said he understood and the next words out of his mouth was where he hit the little deer on his second shot ... well I did try ... some just do not have a clue !

dd
Old 12-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Lanse, you know as well as I do, that 99.9% of the guy's on here will never admit or post thier gray areas on here!
At least DD was honest enough to admit it and post!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that it may boil down to actual experiences. I have been involved, directly or indirectly, in a lot of the "gray area" scenarios discussed here and elsewhere. Its easy for someone with a very limited perspective to sit at the computer and spout rules and regulations to someone. They might develop a much different perspective when they are faced with an actual situation that requires a rather quick judgement. Dunno, it just seems to me that some folks here seem to get highly vocal about the things that they just don't seem to know that much about or have ever encountered. Don't want to spout college professor gobbedly gook, but there can be a bast gulf between theory and practice. Unfortunately, the theorists don't get much practice....
LMAO and how did you come to this determination? Maybe some don't get AS much practice because they don't put themselves in AS MANY situations.

Lanse, you know as well as I do, that 99.9% of the guy's on here will never admit or post thier gray areas on here!
I could only hope 99.9% of the people on here don't have "grey" areas.

Bravo........that makes it all better.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fool ..."Sticks and stones may break my bones BUT words will never hurt me"

dd

Attachment (1)

Old 12-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

LMAO and how did you come to this determination? Maybe some don't get AS much practice because they don't put themselves in AS MANY situations.

LOL ...NY you JUST CAN'T stay away my postcan you ...I have to say you are persistent ...I bet you must work for a tele-marketing company... but I guess if you decided to leave all together I would miss you ... kinda like a wart that just fell off ... You remind me of an old buzzard who keeps circling a deer carcus thats been left overnight ... you just can't seem to leave it !

Old 12-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

[quote]
ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Yeah! Hope

At least he had the Cojones to do so!

Old 12-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL ...NY you JUST CAN'T stay away my postcan you ...I have to say you are persistent

I try to I really do. I guess I lack in will power.

I bet you must work for a tele-marketing company

No I can't stand them things. They get annoying with their persistence[:-]

*I vowed I posted my last post here, but Lanse had to go and mess it up. I was just amazed that he knew all the trials and tribulations I've been through in my years of hunting by what I've posted in one thread. I just found that remarkable.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:29 AM

Sorry DD I have to disagree with ya! On here its more like a hemorrhoid, You know you will never get to see it and chances are it will never go awayso you just have to know its always going to be a pain in the __s.

Quick Reply: Im am sick SICK SICK !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.