Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Im am sick SICK SICK !

Old 01-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Im am sick SICK SICK !

After 19 pages and a ton of "poaching"accusations why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that if you call the local GW and let him know what you're doing you're far better off then being caught out there with a light?

That's sort of the unwritten, or maybe it is written, rule around here. Otherwise that first shot during daylight could be viewed as a poached shot blood trail or not.

DD, this isn'tdirected at you. Even though this is an intenet MBoard and I don't know you personally, I've read enough of your posts to believe what you say and I understand the entirety of the situation. I just find it odd that the legal beagles haven't mentioned the "legal way" to do things. Instead they've just labled you as a poacher and said you're wrong, wrong, wrong.

As a side note after reading about your second conversation with the guy I wouldn't shoulder any of the blame. By the sounds of it you could have told him not to shoot anything without antlers and had the same outcome. The guy doesn't seem to have much respect for you or the fact that you went out of your way to put him on deer. That's gratitude for ya. Maybe he'll think of that next time while he's sitting on the coach watching the Outdoor Channel and you're in your stand.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

M.B.H. that is a very good post and you bring up a good issue about contacting a game warden ... not that this is an excuse but we are talking about a little town called Taft Tennessee and I am not sure it is even on the map ...Taft is in the county of Lincoln which has the grand total of 2 game wardens ... most of this area does not even have cell phone service ... although I agree in principal I have to tell you it wouldbeimpractical to try and contact a game warden in this area .. again NOT an excuse but a fact ... plus I think the they have a lot more problems more serious then someone trying to recover a wounded deer after dark ... like road hunters ..tresspassers ... animals being carried across the state line without being tagged and checked in ...ect ...

dd
Old 01-02-2006, 10:39 AM

Yeah, he hopefully learned a lesson, but regardless if you have ever hunted or not, you should know the difference. My wife knows,and has never hunted a day in her life. Sounds also like the guy wasn't really into the whole hunting thing anyway wanting to leave after tracking for a little while. I'd be pissed too. However, Sh#@ happens.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:45 AM

You also did the right thing by ending it as soon as you saw the rear-end blown off. Any responsible hunter would do the same. These guys quoting regs just kill me.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:35 AM

Yep I agree, if it's me I end an animals suffering immediatly no matter what. I'll argue Mercy and beg for Mercy from the court. God hascommanded us to know and use Mercy when dealing with the critters in his garden. This is handed down from hundreds of generations of hunters before me. I'm not over Religious just a Christian.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Amen Buck !!

dd