Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CNN against youth hunters?!?

Old 12-18-2005, 03:38 AM

Default RE: CNN against youth hunters?!?

i think my two sons (8 & 12), would report me to the authority's if i didn't take them hunting, and lord knows what the wife would do. take a kid hunting, and be safe
Old 12-18-2005, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with others on here, 90% of cnn is BS anyway, watch FOX NEWS for more accurate reports and straight forward broadcasting.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Humane Society has spoken out against youth deer hunting in Ohio. One of their spokespeople recently appreared on a radio show to discuss their position. He cited the dangers of hunting as one reason.The host responded with statistics indicating that one is about aslikely to be killedby lightening thankilled while hunting. The guest respondedthat children should only be allowed to do things with "zero risk." The host stated that skateboarding should be banned then. The guest said that its not risky. The host then cited statistics that there are thousands of injuries and even quitea few deaths from skateboarding annually. At that point, the Humane SocietyRep started to change the topic toward cruelty toward animals. This gives you an idea of how clueless some of these folks are.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

You first have to consider the source. This is a liberal cable channel that doesn’t report the news, but generates their own whether it is accurate or not with the interjection of politics whatever the story may be. To be the first to report on breaking news without knowing the facts and to generate irresponsible stories that are hearsay is CNN’s forte. If I watch cable new at all, it’s the Fox network. They seem to be the only cable news channel that is responsible, accurate and balanced without inserting their own opinions or politics on breaking stories.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:01 PM

Lanse Couche, Good to hear one of those anti hunter, tree hugging, Peta hippies got SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2005, 07:16 PM

Ahhh, the power of headlines...

The headlines of the story got matthewcmill worked up and he never got to see the report in the first place...

But it also got people with different opinions worked up who never got to see the report, so they've probably sat there getting hot and bothered about youth handling guns and becoming killers...

It's kind of like the headlines that say "SUV kills police-officer" etc...

The story may tell you a guy driving a TAHOE ran over a police-officer, but the headline triggers you to not like SUV's, which is what some people want you to do because they are anti-SUV...

In a society that is sometimes too busy to read the 'whole' story, headlines seem to 'catch' your attention a bit and sometimes direct your train of thought, which is what CNN wanted and it worked...

No matter what the report said, the headline did damage whether we like it or not...
Old 12-18-2005, 08:45 PM

screw them CNN liberal idiots, I havent watched CNN in several years. I normally watch Fox.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto's to Tex.Just returned from a hunt with my Grandson he had a great time.Screw CNN.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

everyone should boycott CNN and start the slogan "sportsman for FOX"