Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 11-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

Manuman,

I am troubled with your definition of True Tolerance...

You state - True tolerance means allowing someone to be different without attacking or belittling. First off, why do you say attacking and belittling and what is the definition of that? Were you belittling the 20 year old at the gas station by concluding that she gave you a negative look with regards to your displayed deer? Were you belittling her by mentioning it here? I'm not sure your time would be worthwhile even thinking about it. More importantly, who is determining what is allowed? Is it you, me, Pamela Anderson, PETA? I think it needs to come back to a notion of what is defined as acceptable by the general population. There are laws right now which define what is acceptable and these laws can and will change as the majority consensus changes (hopefully never including anything about the display of harvested animals of any type). Why would you consider it "political correctness" to simply maximize the probabilty of the majority not having a negative impression on hunting since they can have a huge impact into what is deemed "allowed"?

Are you saying that it's the general population's responsibility to tolerate you showing your harvest? Why?

Finally, with regards to your comment on "gays", does your concept of tolerance stop at sexual preference?

Cheers,

Old 11-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

At last!. Common sense.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:20 PM

I think he was doing what you said he was doing.. "concluding that she gave you a negative look with regards to your displayed deer?"

rip it apart. thats what lawyers do. and whats why people sue, easy money. easy way out of life.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:35 PM

I agree, this drives me nuts. 2 weeks ago i saw a guy in Richmond, VA driving a minivan with a buck tied to the roof of his van. It did have a 20+" spread, but looked extremely redneck being tied to his roof. I have a SUV and always put a tarp down on the floor of my cargo area and it keeps from ruining the inside. I also have tinted windows so you can't see inside my vehicle. Before that I used a pickup and always kept my gate closed.

Another thing that drives me nuts is seeing dead carcasses that have been butchered lying along the road or on the edge of the woods. Please double bag your carcass and dispose of it in the trash out of respect for the animal that gave up its life for you. Please treat it better than you want to be treated when you die.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: paco97

Another thing that drives me nuts is seeing dead carcasses that have been butchered lying along the road or on the edge of the woods. Please double bag your carcass and dispose of it in the trash out of respect for the animal that gave up its life for you. Please treat it better than you want to be treated when you die.
LMAO !
Wouldnt respecting an animal mean burying it, not throwing it out in the trash. I think throwing a carcass out in the woods is better than throwing it out in the trash. You ask why ? cause it will feed a lot of critters, even down to bugs.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen a lot of the give a S*it attitude and have been offended by it. Like when I was in the service in many of those Navy towns where people put signs on their lawn that said "No Sailors Or Dogs Allowed" Those were the days of the draft when we had no choice to serve or not to serve. Well it was their propery and I guess they had the right to say and do what they thought. It still made them one of those things that we all have in the center of our rear end. A little tollrance would have been nice then and its still nice now. But there are many of those described above so I won't expect much. And won't get it. I am a hunter and I kill things. Many people are not and don't like to see things killed. You go ahead and do what you will but I will show tollorance, unlike the anti's. I feel I am a better man for it. The kill is a personel thing to me, I need not show anyone the results of my hunt. Thats my business. I have seen a jillion deer in my life and am not impressed by yet another dead one on main street. What more can I say?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand being considerate to other people and if you asked me to be considerate and not showmy deer offwould be one thing. But to make consideration a law is just plaing wrong !
I pick my nose, scratch my butt, scratch mynads and fart. Would I do it in public ? No. out of consideration. Do we need to make a law that says I cant fart in public ?
Dont you see where this is going ?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, I'm home from work now. I have been thinking about this all day. Red is complaining about a lot of us haveing a "they can just stuff it" attitude. Well this is why I think this topic is so heated...other than the fact that new legislation is so obviously unwise.

I think the attitude that Red is complaining about stems from the fact thatsome of us feel like we are treated like second class citizens by politicians and the news media. Or that is what it seems like anyway. It kind of reminds me of a true story that happened in 1994.

In this part of the country there was a congressman by the name of Jack Brooks. Jack Brooks was a Democrat, and he so securely held his House Seat in Washington most betting men would have bet he would die in office. If you look at a wide shot of the picture of LBJ taking the oath of office on the airplane after Kennedy was shot, you can see Jack Brooks in the background.

Well in the early 90's, the Clinton crowd came up with the Brady Bill. Ole Jack must have thought that his constituants were so stupid that even though they told him that hewould totaly lose their support if he voted for the Brady Bill ole Jack voted for it anyway. After all, there was no way he could lose, but this was the catch. The people (his constituants) were not stupid, and they had a memory. I'll never forget the moment that night in 1994he first realized he had lost. It was better than the first day of deer season for me.

Speaking of legislation.

C. Davis
Old 11-28-2005, 10:32 PM

And to thinkI voted for bush[:@]
Old 11-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think it is ethical to show off your deer ON THE ROAD. I love to see what people got and their successes butmy younger siblings don't like it.Hey, that is what thissite is for, TO SHOW OFF YOUR DEER TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT and, everybody here actually wants to seeit.I don't put it where people can see it. At least look like you tried to cover it up. definitely don't want any more laws passed aboutrestricting hunting/hunters. I can understand puttinga buck's rack where someone can see it. The whole point I'm trying to make is, respect the deer andrespect other people on the road then everything will be okay.

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.