Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 11-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Next time one of my beloved relatives dies instead of transporting the body in a closed casket and hearst I think we will tie them to the hood of a car and parade around town for awhile.
[:-]

In NY.? Why not, they did it to Benito Mussolini!
Old 11-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Next time one of my beloved relatives dies instead of transporting the body in a closed casket and hearst I think we will tie them to the hood of a car and parade around town for awhile.
[:-]
LOL ...DAYum Reb !!

dd

In NY.? Why not, they did it to Benito Mussolini!

Old 11-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont legeslate, educate

Old 11-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not taken many deer out of the woods but when I do I take care to cover them up. being new to hunting last year and going 42 years as one of those 75%ers, I don't think hanging them over the car or out the does anything good for the sport but potentially has adverse effects.

I know that my one daughter and wife were disgusted the first time they saw one like that. I and my other daughter didn't care either way.

So just looking at that example you may have turned two people that were in the 75% towards the dark side. The other two were not effected either way. Is it their problem that they were disgusted? yes. Do they go to a meat counter in the grocery store? yes.The thing is that they were , for whatever reason, turned off by the incident with noone else in the car to educate them on the values of hunting.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:01 PM

This being my first post is in many ways just down right funny!
I always seem to get into the political junk...
Anyway I am going to stay out of the issue itself but I hope that people will take the legal issue very serious.
Example: Currently there is a loophole that would allow insurance companies to not pay on injuries received while riding a motorcycle, snowmobile, horseback riding, atv's etc all legal forms of recreation and transportation. Yet a Drunk Driver can get covered. Anyway this is not my point. The point is the law always seems to have a way of doing exactly what we don't want to happen. Red is trying to preserve hunting by not making anti-hunters upset by passing a law to force hunters to not upset the anti-hunters. While I can see the irony I hope many of you that just took offense stop to think of what your actions could do to all of us if we simply piss off the wrong person. Law's in our country were made to protect the minority many times right or wrong and by saying this I am saying that it doesn't take much to loose what we have.
Stay mindful and appreciate our fortune to still be able to do this in this Country of LAWS LAWS LAWS...
Old 11-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

welcome tex2MD, i always try to hide my deer (why would i want to advertise to people looking for a place to hunt that i have a good place?), i'm not trying to impress anybody anyway, the less they know the better, just like a good fishing spots, you cash a few checksand people (other tounament anglers) will pay attention to where you fish, or hunt, not a good practice, but red i don't think i won't the gooberment involved in any more of my business than they have to be, and introducing something new is just another loop in the string, if you know what i meanso don't think your doing the rest of us a favor, with every new rule comes something we didn't expect[:@], the I-dots riding around and telling everybody about where the killed their deer and where the caught their fish will eventually take care of itself
Old 11-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey m.t., according to him:
It just urks me too no end when I see some REDNECK, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred rolling down the road in his jackedup 4x4 with a dead deer lying in the bed of the truck with the tailgate left down EXPRESSLY for the purpose of showing the world a bloodied and lifeless animal that was killed at the hands of this "hunter".
Your Avatar does'nt help much!
Old 11-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The problem is your pushing a law onto us that would keep some people from being offended. That my friend is ludicrous. laws are not made to protect people from being offended. Should we make laws for everything that someone is offended by.
this is a bad idea,this would be one step closer to to losing your hunting privlages.
I too am offended by seeing a fat girl in little clothes in public, I am offended when I see two gays kissing in public, I'm offended to hear swearing in public, I'm offended to hear loud music coming from a car in public, I am offended when I hear someone talking in a foreign language in public, the list goes on.
Should we make new laws just because someone is offended ?
I think not! big brother already has way to much control.
This is the craziest thing I have heard come from the mouth of a hunter !
Old 11-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

i can't help it, i is waht i is, BTW how many teef r you sposed to have, i only got 32 (that is including my wisdom teef) yea i still got'em, hard to tell sometimes though, what size supper swampers do i need on my 01' 2500 dodge cummins turbo diesel 4X4 to not fit the stereo type, currently i'm running what came on it, one udder questjun, why wood i not have my talegate down, i sumed that was the standerd way it was sposed to be run d..

BTW, as normal good points ZX
Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

one udder questjun,

One udder questjun?????

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.