Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Winchester Partition Gold/Platinum Slugs? >

Winchester Partition Gold/Platinum Slugs?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Winchester Partition Gold/Platinum Slugs?

Old 11-24-2005, 07:53 PM

Default RE: Winchester Partition Gold/Platinum Slugs?

Deadly....thats all you can say about these things. I shoot a Mossberg 500 and my gun loves them. They are pricey to shoot but you get a hard hitting slug that shoots well at some long distances. I feel very confident with them out to 150+ yards. Have never had a deer go more than 20 yards, that 385 grain slug puts them down. With that said every gun responds differently to a certain ammo, what shoots good from my gun may be crappy in yours and vise versa. You just have to try a few different loads and find the one your gun likes.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:04 AM

In my 870 I'm shooting the Remington Core-lokt slugs. They are great, but you have to wait about 5 minutes between shots or else the accuracy goes to pot when the barrel heats up. I tried shooting three shots in about a minute or two minutes when sighting it in, and I would start getting flyers.

Take your time when shooting. If you have to sight them in and only shoot one shot every five minutes then so be it. You aren't going to need more than one in woods anyway. Inside 100 yards they will destroy anything in North America. You can not believe the destructive power they have. Truly remarkable!
Old 11-25-2005, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot them thru my 870 Slug Gun and haven't had a problem. Here are the results of a heart shot!