Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doc's Deer Scents

Old 11-24-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Doc's Deer Scents

anyone use them? what kind and how well you think they work? worth the price?
Old 11-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Doc's Deer Scents

I used them this year for the first time. I got the three pack with Extreme Heat, Devastator 249, and Sweet Demise #7 in it. I can't tell you if the first two are any good or not. Sweet Demise#7 definately attracts them. The first time I used it the deer here weren't rutting, so they urines were useless. I sprayed some S.D. #7 on some tall weeds in my shooting lanes. While in my stand I sprayed some more in the air and noticed it smelled like someone was baking cookies in the woods. I thaught "what the hell is this stuff ?" So i proceeded to read the label on the bottle. I found it interesting that it is made in Cortland, OH.(about 80 miles from my house)
When I put the bottle back in my bag, I looked up and saw a 4 point fork-horn licking one of the weeds I sprayed it onabout 15 yards from my stand. I sat there and watched him as he hit up two more of the weeds before making his way down the trail. Now I just spray it in the air from my stand as a cover/attracant scent. I don't have to get them in close anymore since it is gun season.