Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

will he be back??

Old 11-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default will he be back??

sat we were small game and turkey hunting...we had a nice flock scattered in 2 parts...we were going to bust them up better and try to get some shootin....i was dropped off and had to walk out a ditch and some pines...other guys went looking other spots...theres a road about 200yds to the right...with a flat field behind it..corn across the road...not much woods...the hill dropps off FAST for 75yds and has a gulley in it that has one side and the middle with brushand a couple trees...i step in there and a few deer busted out..one was a giant for me atleast...neat rack..looked like a texas longhorn with alot of tines...the main beams barely came up but a few inches...and STRAIGHT out both sides...and wrapped back around nice and symetrical in the front....pretty heavy looking and i bet hes atleast an 8..i saw a few nice5-6 inch tines id say...i wouldnt noticed the antlers but i noticed his ears were bent down from the antlers..when i got a look at him he was trotting into the woods with another deer or 2....after that turkeys started flying and i took a shot or 2..dont know how long he was there......looks like a perfect hideout to me though...pines below him..high hill hidden from the road and a nice thick gulley to hide in.....we walked around the woods below him for a while so we may pushed him in there....but the woods there get hunted pretty dang heavily...ecspecially the opener...so i think he will be back....but WILL he be back in 10 days after being pushed out and hearing gunshots?? how should i hunt it?? i dont know if i can hunt the morning or not yet...i might hunt with dad in another spot...but if i can..should i just sneak in an hour before light and set up to watch the gulley and keep the wind good??hope the wind blows out of the gulley up the hill...i want him..how should i go about it? if i cant hunt the morning....i was thinking of trying to sneak into view of the gulley somehow without him seeing me or hearing me and trying to spot him....or if he bust out have a grunt call in my mouth and try to stop him...just ease in there ever so quietly and try to stop him for a shot....i want him so bad!!! he would make an awesome buck for me and my area....i really want to get him before we start driving at lunch time...the drive leader was with me and we saw lots of other deer in that area so im sure we will be driving that area...and im kinda selfish about this one.....i want him!! any advice?? think he will be back??? thanx.......
Old 11-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: will he be back??

bump....page got burried quick....